Anybody know what a 76 Merc 440 Snowtwister is worth?

accobra66

I inherited a 1976 Mercury Trailtwister (edited) 440 from my father before about a year ago. I have played with it a bit but have enough of my own hobbies that I find I just do not have the time or interest in this sled. I would say on a scale of 10 this thing is a solid 8. He restored it 15 years ago and it runs great. It has 1375 miles on it.

I have looked around a bit and it seems like they go for anywhere from $800 to $1500? Any help here would be appreciated.

Last edited:
L

lenny

easily 1500 if it is nice, I've owned 6 merc's in my life so far and never could afford the ST, always wanted one. I'll trade you for some lodging and back country tours here in da beautiful up town of Greenland! What do you say ole buddy ole pale!

Last edited:

accobra66

Sorry, Trailtwister, not Snowtwister. I know the difference...just mistyped. Thanks for catching.

That being said, what is a fair price for an 8 out of 10 76 440 Trailtwister?

1sob

The TrailTwister was generally Blue and white. It had a Kohler Fan cooled engine. Some TrailTwisters came in later years with liquid cooled engines. The Snowtwister was generally red and white and had a free air engine. Both models were very quick for their day.

1-snowbullet

howdy : well its the trail twister witch is not as sought after as much as the SNO TWISTER free air 440 . ok now as for how much you said 8 out of 10 in your opinion . at our local grass drags they were going from 200-1500 as for selling it or guessing how much its worth well its how much you get offered after you set a price . just remember to keep your price fair !! i personally watch e-bay and get the most popular $$$ that people will pay for the trail twister and start there if you are going to sell it . it might take a bit watching e-bay to get a starting price but its worth it ! GOOD LUCK and have a happy new year