Anybody recommend a fan/tower fan that can cool a bedroom?

jjj70095

The A/C in my condo in the city only gets bedroom to around 71. Anybody know of a fan/tower fan that can cool a small bedroom down to say 65??

Bedroom is only 10 feet by 13 feet...I bought a pelonis tower fan, but that doesnt do much.... or a portable a/c unit that doesnt need an outside connection?

IOWASLEDDER

About a month ago I splurged and bought a Dyson air purifier with heat/cool feature. I found it at $150 off the retail of $599 at Best Buy. Now it doesn't cool a room by 6-7 degrees but I do find my room about 2 degrees cooler than what I have my A/c set at. I also have bad allergies and with eveything in bloom right now normally I would be miserable, but with this air purifier I haven't had a single problem yet. Not sure if it is coincidence or not but I'm saying this purifier is the reason. Not sure what else it can be.

jjj70095

What temperature can you get your room down to with the air purifier and A/C?? I am trying to get the small bedroom to 68-69 or even less.....

I just came across an a/c unit that does not need a window, I wonder how good it works.

Last edited:

IOWASLEDDER

I have my A/C set at night to 70. The coolest I have seen in my bedroom at that temp setting is 68 with the fan on and the only time I shut the fan off is during the day while I'm at work. And that is going by the temperature display on the purifier itself.

mezz

What temperature can you get your room down to with the air purifier and A/C?? I am trying to get the small bedroom to 68-69 or even less.....

I just came across an a/c unit that does not need a window, I wonder how good it works.

This is basically what is known as a swamp cooler, it uses ice packs & water to generate cool air flow, as such, not an air conditioner. IMO not a very effective method to cool much for any length of time.