anyone around INDY

mjdeutsch

I know not all of you are from MI and WI. We live near indy and would love to get a group togeather to camp once a month in the warm season, prefer familys or tamer people although my 5 yo is far from tame LOL. anyone from the indy area want to start a camping club?

lofsfire

Just went last weekend to Tippecanoe State Park. Going to Shades with a group of friend, 4 families, in mid Oct. I would love to start a camping club but my wife would kill me. I'm lucky I get one or two trip out of her a year. She has all ready said she is not coming in Oct, but I think I will get her to change her mind.

mjdeutsch

lofsfire, what is your camping equipment? Tent, rv, trailer? my wife had never been before we got married, took her a few times in a tent and then bought a small travel trailer, then bigger one, now she wants a big class A to go out west. I think she is hooked, she likes the travel and outdoors, nobody else's germs in the bed either...shades is all primative right?

lofsfire

Tents for me but I've upgraded from the 4/5 person (really 2 person) tent to and 8, and now a 10 person (fits the family good to move around, The 8 worked but that sides had to low of and angle and I lost usable floor space.) So I think I'm out of tent size upgrades now, so maybe it is on to campers next. If did get one I think I would go for a toy hauler, I have even thought about what I could do to a 4 place enclosed sled trailer.

Yes, Shades is all primitive. I have seen some good size rigs there over the years. You just gota watch for the low branches on the sites the roadways are no problem. If you want to join us PM me and I will send you the my site number.

mjdeutsch

lofsfire, i farm so probably in the field then, we may sneak away in nov for a big family outing but thats about it

lofsfire

No problem, maybe some other time. We are normal so busy in the summer fall is the only time left to camp. but That is when I have always camped b/c its cooler and less bugs!