Anyone camping yet?

jr37

Does anyone camp this late in the season, or are you done? We are going today, for the weekend. Probably our last trip for the year, but maybe one more in a couple weeks.

blutooth

Heading to Sparta area the weekend of November 4-6 for my wife to run a marathon. I'm guessing it is going to be a cold weekend!!!

polarisrider1

Does anyone camp this late in the season, or are you done? We are going today, for the weekend. Probably our last trip for the year, but maybe one more in a couple weeks.
Are you talking real camping with a tent and fire to cook over or the foo foo version with a Prevost motor coach (or similar) and a big screen, on board genny, furnace, hot water heater, fridge with ice maker and a microwave?

jr37

Are you talking real camping with a tent and fire to cook over or the foo foo version with a Prevost motor coach (or similar) and a big screen, on board genny, furnace, hot water heater, fridge with ice maker and a microwave?

Somewhere in between. Not in a tent, but not all the luxuries of a motor coach. We have travel trailer, so we are a little spoiled.

Dave_B

Camping? Are you kiddding? Seriously, I would love to use mine year round but never have done it. It's all winterized and ready to go to storage but I was too lazy to do it today.

lofsfire

Just got back from Shades State Park here in Indiana we had 8 camp sites all in tents except one, and it was a warm weekend for us. Had a a great time, got to see a lot of friends that I have not seen in a long time.

windingtrailgal

lots - it was a NICE weekend for fall camping!

We have one more trip to take in November. Hauling some boy scouts up to Kettle Moraine North with the camper. It's winterized so no water but we'll still have some heat. The tent gets to come along in case it's above 32 we'll set it up at the site.

lofsfire

lots - it was a NICE weekend for fall camping!

We have one more trip to take in November. Hauling some boy scouts up to Kettle Moraine North with the camper. It's winterized so no water but we'll still have some heat. The tent gets to come along in case it's above 32 we'll set it up at the site.

Nice, one of my friends that went with, told the story of the last time her husband and I talk her in to going camping with us. It was November and there was snow on the ground. Neither her husband or I remember any snow! I'll give her that it was cold but NO snow.

johnnyblaze

Went to Brown County State Park in Nashville,IN last weekend for a 3 day trip. Leaving early afternoon tomorrow for the last trip of the year. My brother's in-laws have a 30 acre farm on a 30 acre private lake. we camp there 3 or 4 times a year right down by the water. Makes for lotsa fun and good fishing.

mjdeutsch

Yeah we always head out first weekend in November its lots of fun. My goal is to snowmobile once in the early winter then camp then put the camper away, also go south and camp in the spring then go north the next weekend for one last ride!!!

windingtrailgal

lots - funny how she remembers snow!?

We were camping a few years ago up in the mountains of CO outside of Keystone at maybe 10k feet...Beautiful August weather, total middle of nowhere. Just off a Jeep trail where people had camped prior but not a campsite per say. Started snowing as we were tearing down. Light stuff and first then the big flakes started flying. I remember the snow but I don't remember being cold!?
mj - that's quite the goal...you could set up a winter camp and combine the 2!! :eek:

sjshaner

My goal is to snowmobile once in the early winter then camp ......

We combine them both. One year we went up to Krupps in Tiviola and stayed in the camper, there were 5 of us. Richard cleared a spot for the motorhome and only charged $20 a night to plug in. Last year we went on a snowmobile trip to Tomahawk Wi. and stayed at a campground behind the Tomahawk Speedway. Again it was 5 of us and it was only $20 a night. It's a lot of fun and we have a great time.

Unfortunately when we went on vacation to Hurley Wi. the last week of Sept. the Motorhome caught fire and burned to the frame.
camper fire (2).jpg camper fire.jpg

We bought a 5th wheel this time to put up by our property by Hurley and we intend to use it year round. The property is on a snowmobile trail and an atv route and is within walking distance of a 3500 acre lake. We are looking forward to some great times there in the years to come.

MZEMS2

We moved our rig closer to home a few weeks ago, now it's in a small private owned campground with new owners. They're trying pretty hard to get some folks in there, so rates are pretty cheap. We haven't been back since we got it all set up, and time is runnin out pretty fast. I think we're done, but still need to close it up. It's ready for cold, but we gotta close it up for the winter nap.

windingtrailgal

sj - glad you already replaced your dearly departed, burnt to a crsip camper?! Good for you!

We're gearing up for the camp out next weekend. Should be fun. Maybe even a leaf or 2 left on the trees! Nice thing about the camper is I don't really care about the rain. I don't mind camping in the rain when it's warm out. Rain and 35? Not so much!

AlumaDoo - do you leave it camped at the same spot year round or do you travel with it as well?

mjdeutsch

some in my family went camping at Kentucky Lake the day after thanksgiving, highs in the low 60's and lows in the 30's, my camper is winterized and ready to go in the barn as soon as i get the plow put in behind it