Anyone Having Darting Problems With An 800 Rush?

toddp

I have a 2011 800 Rush Retro Pro R. The sled is strong on power and no problems with it in 800 miles except for it darts like a snake going down the trail. I have talked to the dealer about it several times, adjusted the suspension. Next step is to put dual carbides on it but the dealer is advising against it. It definitely has terrain domination in every direction! Has anyone else had this experience, if so any suggestions on how to correct it.

racerxnet

My Yamaha Vmax 500 had the exact problems and I did some research on this issue. First, make sure you have 1/8th inch toe out on the ski's. Number 2 is the ski pressure is biased toward the front causing the darting action in previous ruts ahead of you. To cure this you can buy a set of new rubber spindle bushings from Bergstrom.

http://www.bergstromskegs.com/challenge.htm

Or shim the back of the bushing you now have. Make sure to secure the shim so it does not come out. Add more pressure from the front skid shock or lengthen the limit straps. This will lighten the ski pressure and reduce the darting as well. There is a trade - off in steering response from this, but well worth the straight line down the trail. All of this will cost you nothing to tackle it yourself. Just time and beer.....

MAK

toddp

Thank you for the information. I have tried taking some pressure off the skis by adjusting the suspension. I am going to try the limit strap next.

L

lenny

if you ride aggressively your gonna need the ski pressure or you'll push right through the corners. Some sleds just have poor geometry and I have found the best results with Simmons ski's. 100% for sure your darting will be gone and the ride will improve better with the flex in the ski. Sometimes you can find some great deals on eBay. Have to make sure you have the right mounts with the ski's. Ask people with these ski's and they'll tell you the machine ride like a dream. Being that it's a new poo, it should be better than you are describing. Maybe the dealer set it up poorly

dragon_07

I have a 2011 Rush 800 Pro R with just over 500 miles on it. I tossed the stock carbides as soon as I got it home and put a set of Woodies 8" duallies on instead. I am not sure why your dealer would advise against it, I have been running duallies for many years now and love them. If you want to go from darting to driving with one hand then that is your fix.

indyxcr

Take the stock carbides off put a good set of carbides on, whatever your choice maybe.
Make sure to have the dealer set up the shock pressure to your weight in the back of your sled with the wrench the dealer has, if you weigh 180,200,220lbs, or what ever, have the dealer turn the shock setting for your weight very important.

I did the sled handles great.

treetrunk

Definitly take off the stock one's and put doubles on I had the same problem, all over the trail on those singles I put on the doubles and no problems at all.

Banjo Man

Doolies also last longer and will take care of your problem.
If you dart more when you back off the throttle I would take some pressure off the front skis.

indyxcr

I have no problems with the single carbides, sled handles great no darting, I need wheel bars on the back because the sled stands straight up if I crack the throttle to hard.

Get square bars with 6 to 8 inch carbide, and make sure the dealer sets up the sled to your weight, also put in stronger rear springs, unless you weigh less than 200 lbs.

I use the stud boy square bars corners like it is on rails $70.00.