Anyone out there have info on A 1970 Wildcat Sled ??

1-snowbullet

My wife decided she wanted a sled to putter around on instead of buying a new one she found a 1970 Leasure industries Wildcat G.T.E 399 electric start version yes Wildcat . for 3 hundred .. i guess its in really nice shape going to pick it up eather thanksgiving day or friday .. been sitting in storage for a long time no rips tears ect ect chrome rusty but savable .. she wants it for ice fishing and the ocasional snowmobile show .. anyone have any info on it other than daves vintage site has ?? its gold in color looksd like a viking kinda !! pic added of what it looked like back in the day will post pic if she buys it ..

Attachments

• 1970_WILDCAT_SNO_MOBILE_TIMES_JAN_1970_6A.jpg
    1970_WILDCAT_SNO_MOBILE_TIMES_JAN_1970_6A.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 89

1-snowbullet

Thanks a bunch will do !! i was just currious to see if anyone heard or seen one of these things .. Ive neverheard of one personally and im a gooroo of old sleds .. Ive added a pic of the sled its in pretty ok shape yet i guess she will have her work cut out for herself you could say !!

Attachments

• CIMG0024.jpg
    CIMG0024.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 100

bearrassler

They were made by Viking in Twin Valley, MN. My dad was president of Viking back then and they made them for Lesiure Industries, they were the same but had gold hoods only. If you have some questions on them I could help out.

bearrassler

The kid holding the hood in the picture on the link that Polarisrider1 has above is me about 40 years ago. The same picture is also in the Viking brochure back then so you can tell that the sleds are the same.

bearrassler

Thats my older sister and younger brother with me in that picture. Today is her 63rd birthday and we were young back then.

chords

Here are the stats from my '70 review magazine.

Attachments

• scan0007.jpg
    scan0007.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 23
  • wildcat.jpg
    wildcat.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 30

bearrassler

1-snowbullet, I found a newer website, vikingsnowmobiles.com that has lots of information on the older Vikings and Wildcats. Have you ridden the Wildcat yet?