Anyone use Crimson Trace laser sights?

dognvenus

I am researching the Crimson Trace sights for handguns and wondering if anyone else has them, like 'em or not?
I have several handguns but the two I want to get sights for are a Sig 232 .380 and a Colt Officers model in 45 ACP. These are the two I carry most for conceled carry and really like to compact nature of the CT laser built into the grip. Any thoughts?

Dog

buddah2

No personal experience but middle daughter has that on a small handgun of hers......she's a pistol neophyte so I'll email her and ask if it helped.......

dognvenus

That would be great.... I have a prices ranging from $240-300. but still doing some wheeln' n dealn'..... let me know what you find out.
Thanks again,

Dog

buddah2

..... let me know what you find out....

I haven't forgotten.......my son-in-law (her husband) just headed back home yesterday and he was told to have her either call or e-mail me the info. If I haven't heard by this evening, I'll call them........

buddah2

O.K., Nan is extremely happy with hers......made her a decent shooter........she never quite grasped proper sight picture and this helped tremendously, according to her "better half" :)

dognvenus

OK great..... Myself, I'm looking more to the aspect of low or no light shooting situations. For my wife however, day or night, I want her to be able to get the red dot on them quickley without having to look for a sight picture and if she needs to eliminate the threat, she knows that she will be able to do that.

Thanks for taking the time to check for me. I think my wife and I will go this weekend and get them installed and go to the local indoor range and do some practicing.

buddah2

A second thought.......go to a website called thefiringline.com......they have separate forums for revolvers, autoloaders, & whatever......you might ask your question there and you'll probably find someone who has the exact setup you're looking at.......it's a really active forums for handgunners.

prowrench

Don't personally own any of the mentioned firearms, but I might own my share of some other brands, it doesn't matter. In my humble opinion they are the best.

mjkaliszak

I have picked up on a J-Point sight in some of my readings. might want to check that out. I don't have one or a hand held smoke wagon for that matter but I can comment on the EO Tech's and they are a quality product, for long guns. There was some discussion on some of the boards regarding the different brands of handgun sights and the ability to withstand the recoil , some brandfs turned out not so good. Then there was the " balance " issue. I have only practiced with my budds sig 229 and a few others, what a smooth weapon. I would think the J-Point is worth checking out , just from the miniature size.

hope this helps, I'm still in training myself so .... just my .02 !

After doing some research, it looks like the EO's & Trijicon stuff may be better for long guns. The Crimson Trace LS looks sweet. Don't mind my ramblings... I get excited easily when it comes to toys. Just trying to share what little I picked up on.

Last edited:

dognvenus

Yea I.ve looked at alot of them but I keep going back to CT simply because of the sight location. I dont have to go out and look for custom holsters or have one made. With the laser being at the top of the grip it doesnt interfer with closure or snap. I also did some research into durability and use. The only thing I have really seen is the choice of front or side switch activation. With side switch you have to change your grip to activate. With the front strap its just a matter of pressure.
Gonna got get mine soon and I'l post pics of the finished product....

Dog

mjkaliszak

I did pick up a Kimber Pro Convert II , CT grips , switch on side. love it. Now I have to practice, i seem to be terrible shot with handguns, the CT helps except when the sun is beaming down.