Arctic Cat 96 ZR 580efi running question

huttes99

I recently bought a 96 ZR 580efi with 4000 miles for a spare sled. We do not have snow here so I haven't been able to ride but after starting and letting it warm up it has no throttle response, you give it gas and it takes several seconds to finally rev up, if you keep the rpm's up it does fine but as soon as you let it idle again it does the same thing. Ant ideas?

artic570

could it be anything to do with throttle saftey switch?
is there any play at the throttle lever? (there should be some)

jimfsr

Check the bushings for the throttle lever pin.(on the handlebar) if they get worn out, it activates the throttle safety position sensor pin before the one on the throttle bodys, so it senses a default. Start there.

mjkaliszak

X2 ( jimfsr ) squirt some lube in the pin ( TPS ) and make sure that is moving freely. Some of those older cats might have a jumper plug in the trunk, I think it overrides the TPS, Killswitch, key, ect... I'm not too sure with my facts here but that is an option , if you have 1 it's a 3 way to 2 way plug that gets installed on the column generally under the H-bar pad ???? Should my facts & memory be failing me, I'm sure someone with better knowledge will chime in.