Arctic Cat Belt

BiggD

Last week I was looking to buy a new 0627-084 belt and it was 140.00 from County Cat, went to purchase it this this week and it jumped to 238.00 o_O

I found the Dayco XTX5046 belt and purchased one for 82.00. Are the Dayco belts good or comparable to the OEM?

Thanks!

whitedust

That sounds like % increase computer pricing mistakes. I would challenge pricing like that bring to managements attention. No justification for increase like that!

hybrid

Dayco belts are ok for a back up 2nd belt IMO
i would not run one as my primary belt
Gates belts are pretty decent and usually cheaper then oem

Last edited:

euphoric1

my 2 cents worth....I would not be surprised it is not a mis price error, stuff has been going up out of control with no rhyme or reason to it. I have equipment I was selling before Nov 1st that my cost...MY COST is now higher than what we were retailing it for prior to. and parts...some not all have gone up considerably and believe me I AM NOT PLAYING THAT BS GOUGING GAME that is going on. What is going on right now is called..bend over get out your industrial tube of KY and take it. I hate to say it but this will end up being part of the "New Norm" because if anyone thinks once we get this under control we will go back to pre-covid pricing....HA!! you are fooling yourself! its a JOKE!!! this is why we need to MAGA and it isn't going to happen unless things change.

xsledder

I was also noticed the belts from Cat were pretty costly.

Regarding the Dayco belt, I have been running that same belt on a XF 7000 for the last 2,000 to 3,000 miles without any issues. In fact, I am replacing the belt with another one like it because of the prices and my past experience with the belt. I am not replacing the belt because it is bad, I am in the habit of replacing belts after a few thousand miles. Keeping the old belt as a spare. Just follow Cat's belt break-in and it will be fine. (No, I was not taking easy on the belt either. Many trail miles of grapping a handful of throttle with a 141" x 2.25" track.)

favoritos

The original price of $140 would have been pretty good this year. Belt prices went up quite a bit last season.

The 084 is the harder version Cat belt. Are you running on an 800 motor? It also matters which chassis. Some of them were hard on belts when pushed hard.
The Dayco can work with the right chassis motor combination and most riders would be fine.
It really comes down to whether or not you are blowing belts. Sounds like you are not in that situation.

I've been through the belt game. There was a time when half a dozen wasn't sufficient for a season. I tried quite a few aftermarket belts during that time. The XTX belts were OK and the Gates G force were so so. Stock belts had a little better lifespan. Switching belts can also affect clutching if you are running hard. The softer XTX belts will have better grip. That also generates heat which may be a consideration if you are already blowing belts. The carbon fiber belts are harder belts. That can also be a factor if you have belt slip on top. The slip starts to create heat too.

Honestly, if you are not blowing belts, you have plenty of options without changing clutching. The softer belts may even feel better at low speeds. Harder belts will give you a little more rpm for short spurt runs.

BiggD

Thanks for the replies everyone! I went to my local AC dealer and they told me the 083 belt was 140.00 and the 084 belt was 238.00, she was very surprised when she looked it up. I am not blowing belts at all, I am running on the 084 now and just wanted an extra belt for my '12 F800 and my wives '16 ZR5000 but was very shocked when I saw the prices.