Arctic Cat Mechanic

I'm looking to have some preventative maintenance work done to my 2006 Arctic Cat Panther 660 four stroke. It only has about 2500 miles on it as it's a second sled. However, next season I will have significantly more time for riding and want to be sure it's up to the task. I want the valve clearance work done along with new bearings, etc. I'm seeking recommendations for a Central UP shop. Thank you in advance for your help.

xsledder

I have a '05 T660 Touring Turbo. Valve clearance check isn't needed until 3,600 miles. As far as the bearings. I replaced my driveshaft bearings at 3,500 miles to avoid an issue. I have heard of the left bearing failing do to sitting around. They are sealed bearing so it is hard to grease them. I would have someone try to grease it before you replace it. Then again, unless you are planning to put on over 1,000 miles next season, skip it this year. These sleds require very little maintenance. I have 5,151 trouble free miles on my '05. Change oil every season; change oil filter every 2,000 miles; check valve clearance every 3,600 miles; and replace spark plugs at 36,000 miles. Pretty much like a car. (Obviously grease the suspension and spindles at least every season.)

hamburgchf

I HAVE A 06 Turbo 660, if you have not already had the valves reset it is high time, I have over 11000 miles on mine and have adjusted them at least every 2500 miles, and they always needed some adjustment, otherwise has been a very good machine.

Talk to Chad at M&M in Hancock he will surely help you.

snocrazy

If you are in Munising, there is an Arctic Cat dealer. Munising Motors.
the mechanic who works there is one of the best in the area.
Good people. They will take care of you.

ZRman31

If you are near marquette I could help you out. I have all the tools, the shop, and you could hang around and drink a beer or two while we are working on it.

ZRman - Thank you for the generous offer. I decided that I will take it to a dealer with a Cat Master mechanic so I have the paperwork that documents the work. It will hep me when I sell the sled. I'm sure you would do a great job though. Again, thank you for your kind offer.