Are things better or worse after this storm?

brad460

Areas of the UP look to have gotten plenty of snow.. Have reservations in Houghton Sat and Sun night so it all depends on where we start riding from. We may ride from Arbor Vitae to Houghton. Then up to Copper on Sunday..back home Monday.

Worst case we may need to trailer a bit north (Bruce Crossing). Anyways, I have a few friends who live scattered between Minocqua and Houghton and so we will determine the starting point in the morning.

Btw- they are panning the trails in and around Minocqua ..etc..

- - - Updated - - -

Snowing good here and things are getting into shape pretty well.

Kip- will you be at the shop tomorrow? Steve and I will try to stop by..

skiroule

Better in northern MN.

IMG_0777%255B1%255D.JPG

Elf has been pretty quiet. Thinking his area got pounded and he's out riding.

snipes517

It would be nice if you clarified where your idea of "worse" is located? Like what area? Because I know from family UP north of Houghton they have MORE than enough for good-decent snow/riding conditions

jd

Administrator
Staff member
It would be nice if you clarified where your idea of "worse" is located? Like what area? Because I know from family UP north of Houghton they have MORE than enough for good-decent snow/riding conditions

In many cases, you can look at their profile info in the upper right of the posts to see where they are at. Skiroule is up in N. MN at Lake of the Woods.

Here is a snowcover map. I know it takes a lot more than just the amount of snow on the ground to determine true conditions, such as water on the trails, ice, grooming, etc... But the info should be of some help.
25-28.jpg

-John

D

Deleted member 10829

Better here, but only because we had no snow. I can’t believe it, but they have me out opening gates. We only have 3 inches on the ground here

snipes517

John,

I know that but his locations just said "here", I wasn't trying to be ajerk just was curious where he thought it was worse

- - - Updated - - -

and thank you for the graphic!!

euphoric1

I'm not in the north woods but WHY O WHY couldn't that storm have waited 24 hours uuugh ! is what it is but still frustrating

G

G

Better here, but only because we had no snow. I can’t believe it, but they have me out opening gates. We only have 3 inches on the ground here

Tuscobia open? Do you know if the Chip Flowage is staked yet.

Attak man

Lots of rain fell. Would you say the conditions in the northwoods is better or worse after this storm?

Better...while we did get some rain, that hurt the snow cover a bit...its still snowing here in vilas county (ldf)...the colder weather has frozen things up tight, after a slushy wet day yesterday...since we didnt get alot of wet, heavy snow...the ice on the lakes that weren't quite ready...now might be with this colder weather...and more snow in the forecast with much colder air for next week will be a really good thing to get these swampy areas froze up...bottom line is you can ride in some areas now, and you couldn't before...it will be thin out there, there will be icy corners, and some wet areas, may not be frozen...but you can ride...just dont expect pristine conditions.

elf

Better in northern MN.

IMG_0777%255B1%255D.JPG

Elf has been pretty quiet. Thinking his area got pounded and he's out riding.

We are heading up tonight. Had to work all week to get end of year trucks completed. I saw Finland was the winner with 24" from this storm. I'll be sure to post some pictures!

D

Deleted member 10829

Tuscobia open? Do you know if the Chip Flowage is staked yet.

The Tuscobia is a long way from me, not sure. Chippewa Flowage is also a ways away and don't have any info on that. I'm 15 NW of Spooner in Burnett County.

POLARISDAN

Snowing good here and things are getting into shape pretty well.

of course they are..ill be there in a few days..j a n u a r y..see u then buddy

the boys r setting UP the 8's..durph will be there wed..ill pick mine UP wed morning..and off we go

Last edited: