At least it's not snow.

smitty440

I'm so tired of hearing everyone form the radio, newscasters, co-workers saying "At least it's not snow." Come on people it's winter, it's supposed to snow.

bigvin

Well put smitty!

So maybe Gray skies, Mist, wind, mud, and upper 30's is what they
prefer? Are they nuts?
My answer is, if ya want to have a Kentucky winter,.... Move there.
Bring on the White Gold!

whitehorse

I listen to Eau Claire and Wausau weather and they are always talking about how they hate the snow or cold and most the time when John calls for a bigger snowfall they are all saying (1-3") or a inch or two...they never want to admit it's going to snow or want to predict snow.....I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices this.

Same here in northern Illinois. I get really po'd of every time I hear the anchor and weather people moaning and groaing when it's snowy and/or cold or how happy they are when it doesn't feel like winter. Winter is supposed to happen here it's been like that for years and years if you don't like it MOVE! I'll even help them pack.

JimAndros

I listen to Eau Claire and Wausau weather and they are always talking about how they hate the snow or cold and most the time when John calls for a bigger snowfall they are all saying (1-3") or a inch or two...they never want to admit it's going to snow or want to predict snow.....I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices this.

WEAU is horrible. News isn't even newsworthy unless it happens in Eau Claire County. Chippewa County may as well be on another planet.

windingtrailgal

Same here in northern Illinois. I get really po'd of every time I hear the anchor and weather people moaning and groaing when it's snowy and/or cold or how happy they are when it doesn't feel like winter. Winter is supposed to happen here it's been like that for years and years if you don't like it MOVE! I'll even help them pack.

Bigdaddy and I always like the looks on their faces like they just got a whiff of rancid dog doo doo any time snow is mentioned?! Indeed - why in the heck do you live in the chicagoland area??

smitty - one of my kids a few years back wanted to know why it seemed we were the only ones we know who are happy when they say snow on the TV??

whitehorse

Eau Claire weatherman stated tonight that,"we really dodged a bullet on this storm".....yeah, we should have 6-8" on the ground and it would be still snowing......WEAU out of Eau Claire - SUCKS!...just read their web page, it gets even worse....think I'll stick to John's forecasts and hope things turn for the better.

smitty440

Windingtrailgal,
My kids woke me up early last week to see if they could go outside to play in the 1/4" of snow we got. My 5 yr old was trying to make snow angels.It was classic.

superski

I try not to even watch the weather reports on TV. These guys don't realize how important snow is to the local economy up here. Every time I hear someone say "we're lucky it's just rain" my blood pressure goes up so high I get dizzy and I have this tremendous urge to choke the SOB to death. We need to hang in and hope for the best - it'll come

polaris fst

Man i feel the same way .Guys at work say i dont have to shovel rain f--k u , that gets me going . Snow stimulates the economy its winter and it gets cold and its snows so deal with it

packerlandrider

I try not to even watch the weather reports on TV. These guys don't realize how important snow is to the local economy up here. Every time I hear someone say "we're lucky it's just rain" my blood pressure goes up so high I get dizzy and I have this tremendous urge to choke the SOB to death. We need to hang in and hope for the best - it'll come

Bingo on the second sentence. People should maybe understand that without snowmobiling, the U.P. and Northern Wisconsin would be virtual ghost towns. I did a report on it for a high school economics class, and I had multiple business owners tell me that if they get a good winter, 50% of their annual income comes from snowmobiling. Next time someone you know says "at least its not snow," just ask them if they like to vacation "up north" in the summer time, because it wouldn't be the same without good Midwestern winters.

windingtrailgal

superski - we can't play in the snow here like we can when we go up north...but still has to be good for business with plowing and then towing when the idiots can't remember how to drive in it!?!

smitty - kids barely ate breakfast so they could run out and play in that 1/4' - I think they call that TRACE?? :D

fusionfool

Eau Claire weatherman stated tonight that,"we really dodged a bullet on this storm".....yeah, we should have 6-8" on the ground and it would be still snowing......WEAU out of Eau Claire - SUCKS!...just read their web page, it gets even worse....think I'll stick to John's forecasts and hope things turn for the better.
I do like Mark Holly in the morning. He is a snowmobiler, and loves snow. I just love to see when there is snow in the forecast, and he gets Megan to wince at the mention of it.