Baraga to Chassell trail?

whitedust

Trail is open but land owners have it blocked off can’t get groomers thru it would take money to remove all the landfill landowners have placed in the trail. Last I heard it was a landowner F you on that trail no matter the court ruling. 🤷‍♂️

wiscrev

Trail is open but land owners have it blocked off can’t get groomers thru it would take money to remove all the landfill landowners have placed in the trail. Last I heard it was a landowner F you on that trail no matter the court ruling. 🤷‍♂️
Hey, if we can get a bunch of guys with shovels, we could do it ourselves, lol.

katden4

Is it owned private land, or is this public easement?

whitedust

Is it owned private land, or is this public easement?
Judge ruled open to the public as said landowners said F you put up barriers to the point DNR and clubs said cost too much to open it up landowners would only shut it down again. I think it was 25 mph speed limit went thru big buck landowner back yards. I was disgusted with judge not doing more so I just wrote it off. If someone has something new to report they should post here.

wiharley02

I think different section of trail is being discussed? The one with lots of obstacles/backyards/driveways, believe that stretch is from Chassell to Houghton. I think OP meant Baraga to Chassell, believe there is a bridge/large culvert issue on that stretch preventing reopening? When the trail from Baraga to Chassell is open, then I think people run the canal from Chassell to Houghton/Hancock (when the ice is "good").