Beaver Creek Lodge, Logan utah

woodside

I had never been "out west" riding and finally had the chance from 1/12-1/16. Here is a report I modified from my report on trip advisor. This was a fantastic experience and if anyone is looking for a place to ride out west, I highly recommend Beaver Creek Lodge

We chose Beaver Creek Lodge http://www.beavercreeklodge.com/, located two hours northeast of Salt Lake City, based upon the personal recommendation of John Prusak from Snowgoer Magazine who featured the lodge in their mag early this Winter. As usual John was spot on. Bryan and his staff are committed to making their guests experience the best it can be. And they deliver on their promise. Beaver Creek Lodge is a first class operation.

This was my first experience riding out west but am a very seasoned rider logging tens of thousands of miles on the trails and forest roads ar0und Bayfield, which is in northern Wisconsin. But mountain riding, except for the trails, is a totally different experience. I know that Bryan shook his head watching a flat lander do some boneheaded things on the first day of riding. But he is very understanding, patient and helpful and the only thing that got hurt was my pride and a windshield. But you learn and adjust quickly and your riding skills improve everyday.

The area has many miles of groomed trails and most of them are adjacent to meadows, basins bordered by hills, slopes and high ridges which provide a fun experience for riders no matter the level of skill. Those who want technical riding can find their way into the back country, often by trail and error, and enjoy their day or hire one of the professional guides Bryan has on staff who know the way.

One of my favorite areas are Peters Sinks which is an interesting area famous for the cold temps. I enjoyed the many riding opportunities and uniqueness that the area offered.

The lodge has all one could ask for including wifi. There is no cell phone service but one can always use Skye if needed or drive down the road a few miles for a signal. Gerald and Vivian are absolutely fantastic chefs and you WILL NOT BE disappointed with their service. Plus they are wonderful people and are very easy to get to know and talk with. Viv made sure I had hot tea which helped nurture the bad cold I had. The three of us were the only guests during the Jan 12-16 period so we got a lot of personal attention for all the staff. Maybe a better term would be pampered!!

We choose the full package which I felt was reasonable. Bryan has new 2015 Summits and high quality KLIM equipment. We did upgrade to the 800c/154" Summit after the first day which we felt best met our needs with the off trail riding that we did. Power is king.

I think about the trip everyday. The plan is to return next Winter, this time with my wife, brother, and other riders who stay at our lodging business in Bayfield, Wisconsin www.woodsidecottages.com The lodge is just a two hour drive from SLC airport, depending on the weather. We got $228 airfare from MSP which was a huge help with the cost of our trip.

Attachments

• IMG_2072[1].jpg
    IMG_2072[1].jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2084[1].jpg
    IMG_2084[1].jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2133[1].jpg
    IMG_2133[1].jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2142[1].jpg
    IMG_2142[1].jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 36

fireworks

Bryan is a heck of a guy. Bought some rental sleds from him in 2010. Stayed there a couple of times. Glad to hear Vivian is still cooking. Yumm. Next year you will have to ride Boss and Gold Canyon north in Franklin Basin. Views at the top are awesome. And I agree on anyone that visits BCL will not be disappointed. Nice pictures.