Bergland Area

KULWELLING

How are the trails holding up in Bergland? Heading up tomorrow with a large group. Also, people are saying that Sherriff's and DNR are handing out fines/tickets to individuals with aftermarket pipes and silencers. I understand going through towns you shouldn't wrap on it to upset the locals, but has anyone had trouble with this recently? I will have to convert mine back to stock if it is a large problem so that is why i'm asking! Leaving tomorrow AM.

goofy600

Trails have been holding up pretty good like normal by Saturday afternoon might get a little choppy but have not heard of any problems lately. As for the loud pipe issue that is up to you there are laws and they have the right to enforce them so only you can deside if you want to take a chance. Usually the dnr will not be out in a area without a reason or people complaining.

Last edited:

KULWELLING

Thanks for the input, I know in Bergland law enforcement has increased lately due to people driving their snowmobiles down highways M28 and M64 and through peoples yards. I have a feeling I'll be converting the sled back to stock this afternoon! I don't want to cause any trouble.

KULWELLING

Just got back yesterday. Put on 400+ Miles in less than 2.5 days. Trails were GREAT! Best i have seen in a long time, although they do need some fresh LES Snow so groom with. Some corners are iced up, but overall a great ride.

KULWELLING

It was very busy Friday and Saturday, but there weren't many sleds on Sunday. Groomers did a great job over the weekend. We stayed at Gogebic Lodge Thursday-Monday and the only complaint I have is that the lodge/bar was closed Sunday night. We came back from riding and wanted to kick back and the lodge was closed.

D

Deleted member 10829

Thanks! Heading up Saturday-Monday with a buddy for what could be the last trip of the year.