Bergstrom skegs carbides

Anyone ever use these? what is your view of them? I always use woodys but i see they advertise to be the better and longer lasting... is this true?

Wyelde

I'm assuming you mean the triplepoints. Over 4000 miles on mine, and still good. Even though the center point is somewhat worn, the 2 outside points stay sharp. I guess the test for me is I can still turn on bare pavement at gas stations when none of my buddies can. Be sure to use the included ski savers and shims if you get these.

sweeperguy

I've got triple points. I like the way they work. Can't say about how long they last I only have had them on for several hundred miles. I can tell you they do allow you to turn on bare asphalt, and a little better on smooth concrete. They work great on trail and ice, much better turning than stock carbides. No issues with darting as advertised. Not sure how they would compare to dually's never ran them.

whitedust

Bergstrom triple points are made of high quality carbide and are a high quality product. When used with ski savers & shims TPs last a long time BUT so do Woodys when shimmed. Not sure what sled you will be using TPs on single keel or double skeg ski?

Snirtdawg

This was the first year I switched over from the TP's to their 8" Good and Uglies. This in combination with the BiteHarder carbide sharpener I have strong point at year end. Problem with the TP's, cannot use a carbide sharpener as not enough room.

overall do you guys think they last longer than woodys? I went through two sets of carbides (one set of OEM and one set of woodys) in 1775 miles. but this year I never really had great trail/snow conditions... I usually run 6 in carbides

old abe

This was the first year I switched over from the TP's to their 8" Good and Uglies. This in combination with the BiteHarder carbide sharpener I have strong point at year end. Problem with the TP's, cannot use a carbide sharpener as not enough room.

Snirtdawg; whats your take on the BiteHarder sharpening system????????????

rmk4ever

Tripple points on 3 of the 5 in my stable, one of them on a 2000 poo sks that I put on in 2005. 5000 + miles on them still making u turns in the parking lot/ gas pumps. Getting some for the other 2 for nxt season. Your better off getting them in the off season, they are super busy come pre season.

snoduke88

I have a set on my 2003 Yamaha 600 triple and have over 13,000 mile on them!! I will be putting a new set on next season.

Snirtdawg

IMO the Biteharder's are an excellent product. As far as the TP's, that's great to do u turns in the gas station but I would rather have a good V on the center carbide in the icy turns. That is what reverse is for! lol

slimcake

Always ran shaper bars and this year wore out a new set of shaper bars in 1k miles. Bought triple points w/shims and savers and will never go back. Amazing the difference. No more darting and steering effort is much less even though I went with 8 inch. 1k miles and still look brand new. 2016 poo switchy 800. no studs. Worth every penny!!

C

Cirrus_Driver

Had them on my last 3 sleds since 2009, 2 Vectors, 1 Apex and a Rush Pro. Significantly improved handling and no-darting. They work as advertised. Only complaint is the difficulty getting the ski bolt holes lined up when reinstalling with the shim pressure under the rubber stop. Had me cussing a few times but got it done.

sweeperguy

Had them on my last 3 sleds since 2009, 2 Vectors, 1 Apex and a Rush Pro. Significantly improved handling and no-darting. They work as advertised. Only complaint is the difficulty getting the ski bolt holes lined up when reinstalling with the shim pressure under the rubber stop. Had me cussing a few times but got it done.

After changing skis several times, found that by using a pry bar under ski getting lined up was almost as easy as with no shims.
1st time was PITA!

slimcake

That can be a pain. What I did this year was used a C clamp. Got the bolt through one side and then used the clamp to squeeze the ski up. Worked great. That offset part of the spindle that the bolt goes through on my AXYS was a perfect spot to put the clamp on the top side. Easy peezy.

misty_pines

I've run Bergtstrom Triple points (along with the supplied ski savers and shims) on my sled now for about 3,500 miles. They are still in great shape. I like how they handle; great in the corners and very little darting.

dfattack

anyone use snowtrackers before the triple points? Any thoughts?

I have used the woodies dully's, then Triple points, then snowtrackers and then tried triple points again on the new Yamaha tuner skis. I put maybe 50 miles on the tuner skis/triple points setup and couldn't wait to get them off and went back to stock yamaha skis with snowtrackers and that's what I'm running on my sleds now. 2011 & 2012 Apex XTX and a 2013 Yamaha Venture GT. For ME AND MY SLEDS this is the only way to go. I would say maybe with other manufactures that tend to plant the skis better than yamaha maybe triple points work fine. Since you asked...that's my opinion. Hope it helps.

whitedust

anyone use snowtrackers before the triple points? Any thoughts?

Just the opposite now use STs after TPs. I'm always looking for something better & Aggressive STs much better than TPs on 2012 Apex XTX. For the same price STs eliminate all darting & carve much better than TPs. If choice for Yamaha Stock single keel skis is TPs or STs... STs is the clear winner. TPs are ok better than most but no match for STs on Yamaha sleds.