Best Snowmobile Dolly

mikesvmax

I was wondering what you think is the best snowmobile dolly to move sleds around on very uneven surfaces? We store our sleds in a garage but the trailer won't fit through the door to keep them right on it. The concrete is all heaved and needs to be replaced but that wont happen any time soon. What do you recommend for use on these surfaces? Thanks!

zimmbob

I have one of those two wheeled dolleys, that fit under the belly and then hook onto the bumper. Works nice, but with the newer sleds, the bar digs into the seat. If you get one, make sure it will fit the new style sleds as well.

dab102999

I finaly broke down and bought one of those E-Z movers this spring. Got the big wheel kit with it and am really impressed. Even use it to load and unload from the trailer when I sumerize them and it works great. I have one of those types that go over the sled and under them belly pan but find it doesn't raise the rev chassis good enough and seems to put a strain on the contact points so that is why I bought something different.

red600ho

I have one of the E-Z movers also. This thing is awesome. Got the big wheel kit for it also and move the sled all around the driveway and the yard. Plus it stores pretty much out of sight.

cmharcou

I bought this one last year. Its brand name and made by sno stuff.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Premium-Super-Duty-Snowmobile-Shop-Dolly_W0QQcmdZ ViewItemQQhashZitem51871f9022QQitemZ350159343650QQptZSnowmobileQ5fPartsQ5fAccess ories

It works real good for the older lightweight machines, but when I used it for my 07 Attak the wheels started to bend in half! I was a little upset about it because it was self claimed the strongest one made and i paid a lot of money for it. Its good solid metal but the wheels need some worked to life the heavier machines. It has the big wheels but like I said they start bending trying to pick up the attak!

booondocker

I have one a friend gave me, when he got out of sledding, and it glides under either side of the belly pan with soft rubber pads, then you lift the bar and attachment of the lift at back and hook to the bumper. The tires are nematic, and will roll over gravel even sand and rough concrete. I find with newer sleds that have lots of suspension, that I have to place short pieces of 2 by 4 under the rubber pads to get enough height so both skis and track get off the ground. Once I accomplish that, it rolls around pretty easy and even my wife can move it out of the way so she can put her car in the garage..:)

The whole deal will come apart with two bolts and I can store it out of the way in 3 pieces.

Definitely get the biggest tire mover you can, and don't settle for hard rubber because the tires need to squash a bit to move over rough stuff.