Big Guy Needs Advice

ILDitchBanger

Alright let me first tell you I am a large man 6'4" around 320 lbs, used to be 390 but lost it and going to lose more. With that said I am looking to trade up from my '03 F7, it's time for a new sled plus my wife wants to ride occasionally so she will get mine. What sled would you guys look at if you were a big man like myself? 95% or more trail rider. Not brand loyal whatsoever, was thinking about going with a 4 stroke but not opposed with staying with a 2, thanks in advance.

longtrack

Skidoo 1200 Grandtouring LE or SE, or GSX SE. I strap a Boat Cushion on what ever I ride. It screws up the Heated Seat on the SE. I have a 11 Grandtouring LE and a 12 GSX SE. I like both of them but I am a little more comfortable on the Grand Touring because I can slide back on the 2 up Seat to stretch out.

I am 6'-3" and 330 also. I have never sat on a Yamaha that I was comfortable on. If you sit on a Sled watch the angle of your knees.

joks79

Any o the newer sleds are good. If the rear suspension has springs you would just need to upgrade them. If it is air you can pump up the pressure. I am about your size and I use to ride a 04 F6 and I put in "big boy" springs.

whitedust

X2for Apex XTX

I feel your pain my bud was 6'7" not too heavy but tall so wind protection was always a problem for him things I never thought about at 5'11". Apex XTX with 144 tipped track will allow the sled to spread the weight & the supension is stiff by design & if you bottom plenty of stiffer springs available. The 162 HP 4s gets between 15-17 mpg for me at about 225lbs geared up with sixsixone vest & many layers in this cold polar air. Yamaha offers side wind screens for knee protection that work well but you will need to go to the aftermarket for a super high windshield for your height. The wild card is if you can get the the Venture GT windshield to fit on Apex XTX??....Kip at Pat's would know. If that Venture GT windshield fits Apex XTX you can buy turnkey thru Yamaha dealer. The Apex XTX comes standard with eps so steering will be easy for you. Stay away from 2ups just not meant to be ridden 1up all new sleds are purpose built machines not like in the 90s where 2ups were cramped for 2 riders & better for 1. Good luck with your search & test ride before you purchase.:)

bankers_hours

X3 on Apex XTX. Moved from standard Apex GT this year. I am 7 ft, 290+ with gear, suspension suits me well as does seat position.
4 stroke fuel injection power is awesome, bullet proof motors. This said, I have no experience on other brands so I can't compare.

ILDitchBanger

Thanks everyone! I will be test riding many sleds before I buy one trust me and it looks like I'll be starting with an Apex XTX!!!