black hills snowmobile rentals

GTL

Mad Mountain just outside of Deadwood or Recreational springs, out a bit from anything but they rent. Search snowmobile rental Deadwood and I think you can find it. Spearfish is a luxury spot and spendy but you'll love it plus the sleds are right there.

polarisrider1

www.recsprings.com Nice owners good food. They rent sleds. mostly trail RMK's. Good room prices. Winter motorhome camping, etc. Very scenic. Great location for riding Black Hills. Lead and Deadwood just to the east. Spearfish to the North. Been there twice.

yamalaris

Only 350 miles of trails?

Has anyone actually sledded in this area? IMHO if there isn't really awesome off trail opportunities I wouldn't consider this trip.

I have been there on the Harley, beautiful area but seems pretty limited for snowmobiling.

polarisrider1

Only 350 miles of trails?

Has anyone actually sledded in this area? IMHO if there isn't really awesome off trail opportunities I wouldn't consider this trip.

I have been there on the Harley, beautiful area but seems pretty limited for snowmobiling.

If run the 350 the other way its 700 miles. Black hills is not about railing trails hardcore. Lots to see there. Off trail is good to. Rec. Springs will hook you up. new owner this yr. new rental fleet. Nice rooms. great food.

George

I have rode out there before and really like it. There is not any real highmarking but there is off trail riding. You have all the valleys that you can run and its nice snow. Its not real challenging but is nice if bringing the ladys. We would go to the mountains and stop there on the way home for a couple of days.

snohornet

It's been awhile since we were there, believe the Packers had just won a Super Bowl. It was nice riding, even though it was a low snow year. Beautiful, especially by Spearfish Canyon. If you only want to ride for 3-4 days, it works out good, you will hit all the trails in that time frame and a few meadows. There were many places to play that trip....don't know what changes there may be. the South Dakota Tourism department puts out a nice magazine...."Romancing the Snow" which lists hotels/ rentals/ restaurants/ etc

Good Luck with your trip

formula5

Any of you old timers remember "Latchstring Lodge in Spearfish Canyon? We went out there and it was a ball, both on and off trail.

t660redrocket

new owner this yr. new rental fleet. Nice rooms. great food.

Papa Joe sold it huh? (I always called him Papa Smurf). He never quite fit in there I thought. He was a south Texas guy and kinda of a sloppy businessman. Rec Springs is in an awesome location. Like Polaris rider says the rooms are nice and the food always seems to be good too.