Boondockin’ for the first time this weekend in Twin Lakes and need advice!!

cuzzinolaf

A few of us are heading up tomorrow to boondock the steep and deep around Twin Lakes. Some of us were chatting about this and need to know where to find the best riding. If you give us a few locations we’ll definitely hook you up with drinks at one of the local watering holes.

My buddies are telling me I can’t use Sea and Snow to boondock because of the high RPMs and I was looking for some oil advice as to which one is best. I ride a Ski-Doo and know they can be finicky so was hoping to run whatever everyone else runs.

Lastly, I see a lot of pictures of people with backpacks and was wondering what type of gear you carry? Is there where I need to put my avalanche beacon and carry extra beer?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
You forgot hand signals Cuzz.

Plus, don't worry about where to go to find the steep and deep. Just shut down your sled and listen for the aftermarket pipes going: braaaap....braaap....braaap and you will find your honey holes! :p

doospunk

I too was wondering about the backpack. Heading up this weekend for the first time, so bought a new HMK pack. Got a shovel and some type of measuring stick that folds/extends. Thought it was a dipstick to check fuel level at first, till I saw how it extended. What's the use case for those things in the yoop? We'll mainly boondock the power lines, so any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated. Don't want to get stuck not knowing how to use it.

cuzzinolaf

I thought the measuring stick was to see how much snow is in the woods? Is the snow crazy deep off of the power lines? I don't think anyone goes there for a reason.

eagle1

Can also just follow the kids with mohawks, they know where all good stuff is!
LMAO...first time...too funny.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was thinking of boondocking in that area too, anyone know of a good guide? I promise I won't have my GPS on, hidden in my pocket. Also, how much beer should I bring? I bought a huge tunnel bag, and one of them foam 6 pack holders, should I buy another one, my bag will hold two easily. My backpack has a hydration bladder, if I fill that with beer, will it freeze. Not a fan of beer slushies.

doospunk

I thought the measuring stick was to see how much snow is in the woods? Is the snow crazy deep off of the power lines? I don't think anyone goes there for a reason.

Not sure, but can't wait to show you all the Vids of me Shredding Snow on the Power lines. Have front and rear mounted Go Pro's on the bumpers, and top of helmet, so you can see all the sweet action.

- - - Updated - - -

I was thinking of boondocking in that area too, anyone know of a good guide? I promise I won't have my GPS on, hidden in my pocket. Also, how much beer should I bring? I bought a huge tunnel bag, and one of them foam 6 pack holders, should I buy another one, my bag will hold two easily. My backpack has a hydration bladder, if I fill that with beer, will it freeze. Not a fan of beer slushies.

Is that what that bag was for? My new HMK came with one of those things to. I thought it was for urinating in, no? Is that not the case?

alwaysright

someone tell me this is a joke, please....

I get it from admin and skylar for sure but if cuzz is really asking this I'll be sure to stay away this weekend.

cuzzinolaf

I get it from admin and skylar for sure but if cuzz is really asking this I'll be sure to stay away this weekend.

Would you be willing to take us out with you for some backwoods boondocking? I have a muff pot and some hot weenies we can eat and plenty of beer.

doospunk

Sorry Dude. We're just excited to finally get to ride in the Yoop. :) This being fairly new to us, we were just curious...

cuzzinolaf

Which can is the loudest? I want to make sure people hear me so they can come find me and take me to their sweet spots? Aren't you a big time boondocker Skylar? Can we ride with you this weekend?

cuzzinolaf

Ha, I think you can tell this was a planned attack by a few of us LOL. I was hoping to land a fish or two and probably should have created a new name to post under. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

timner

Bridge Mat

First time boondocker as well looking to stay between Houghton and Hancock. Heard there's a sweet hill just east of the big bridge but can only go at night... Not sure what that's about but we will be avoiding it due to the BRIDGE MAT not being down. Lots of horror stories regarding that. Keep an eye out for us! We all have paddle tracks with matching Monster gear and jerry cans....

See you boys at the Skeeter or stop by the Mass compound.