Boots for my wife

knewt66

What would be a good pair of boots to wear for my wife? She has Rockys now but says her feet get cold. Thanks for the help.

whitedust

Difficult to to recomend boots for someone else all so different in weight,style & warmth. I would take her to 1 of the Snow Shows let her try on boots all day long until she says these are the ones! I like laceless boots quick on & off & no D rings to tear up seats. My boots are somewhat heavy to latest designs so weight would come into play if I was buying new boots. I wear Trukke boots wear like iron & warm as toast bought from RU Outside Sports back in the day so probably would start with them & their website also they have been at all the snow shows in the past. Very nice people know what they are talking about & who knows maybe your wife would like their pink tutle fur thong.lol I got big kick out of that then they told me one of their biggest sellers! :)

tyeeman

Also check Shade Tree power Sports, they have electric insoles that you plug right into your sled. My wife has the cold feet thing going too, last year we bought her some boots from Gander, , can't for the life of me remember what name/brand. I think they were LaCross, they weren't pack boots, they had more insulation than a pack boot. We only rode 30 miles last year what with the stellar winter we had, , NOT, so we really didn't have a chance to thoroughly test them. But, if I can't warm her feet up with those, the next step will be the electrically heated foot beds from Shade Tree Power Sports. Incidentally, they have more than just heated foot beds, they have heated vests, gloves, and a few other things. Only problem I see with that is you have to remember to unplug when you jump off the sled.
My wife is the rider by the way on a two up, so she doesn't get any heat off the engine at all.

indybru

If you can find them Sorel Iceman. I heard they were no longer in business but don't know for sure. I think they are rated something like 120 degrees below.

Take out the lining each night to dry them though.

polarisrider1

If you can find them Sorel Iceman. I heard they were no longer in business but don't know for sure. I think they are rated something like 120 degrees below.

Take out the lining each night to dry them though.

Best boot I ever owned. They are NOT stylish but functional. My wife has a pair and uses battery operated socks with them. Why do women have such issues with fingers and toes staying warm? It will always be a mystery.

sixball

I would just go to a good store that has lots of boots. Look at some pack boots. Many are rated well below -50. some will go into the -80deg or lower.
you will likely spend less money and get a boot sooted for more the riding.

cooksend

I will second the FXR line of boots! Warm, comfortable, stylish and options from SnoCross stiff to trail riding comfortable! Great Stuff...

byrn71

My wifes feet were always cold. We ended up buying a pair of Irish Setter - SNOW CLAW XT's. They are 2000g thinsulate. My wife has had them for 3 years and she has never once complained of being cold since we bought them.

I'd recommend the Klim Arctic GTX boot...I have cold feet and these things work. The smallest size is 6, let me know if you want me to get you a pair for her.

harski

Difficult to to recomend boots for someone else all so different in weight,style & warmth. I would take her to 1 of the Snow Shows let her try on boots all day long until she says these are the ones! I like laceless boots quick on & off & no D rings to tear up seats. My boots are somewhat heavy to latest designs so weight would come into play if I was buying new boots. I wear Trukke boots wear like iron & warm as toast bought from RU Outside Sports back in the day so probably would start with them & their website also they have been at all the snow shows in the past. Very nice people know what they are talking about & who knows maybe your wife would like their pink tutle fur thong.lol I got big kick out of that then they told me one of their biggest sellers! :)

I second the Trukke boots! I bought a pair for my wife too who is the type that wears sweatshirts when it's 90 degrees and she has no problem with these boots! I myself like the easy on and off ability. Good luck!

Harski