Bought a new sled...lots of issues...

alex2929

About 2 weeks ago I bought a new 2008 arctic cat crossfire 800 from a dealer in southern michigan. I live about 2.5 hours away. I just got back from up north and had some issues. First the throttle cable froze every morning....next my gauge with the tach, speedo, etc went bad. Lastly, it died on the trail and left me stranded for a half hour. I brought it to the dealer on the way home. I called and they knew i was coming and agreed to work on it. They lubed the throttle cable...and decided the gauge was bad. Never checked into why it died. This made me mad. They couldn't fix the gauge since they didn't have one so i said i would take it to a dealer closer to home and have them do it. They were fine with this. Brought it to the dealer at home today and they had no problem with fixing it. A half hour after i left i got a call and they said my warranty expired 10-16-2009. That is 2 months before I even thought about purchasing it. Needless to say I am getting VERY mad. The service department was nothing but a bunch of ****** to me and acted like they were doing me a favor by looking at it. How do I handle this???

hoffmansledder

I would call Arctic Cat customer service and be really nice. This has worked for me in the past with a ZRT800 and a tiger shark 1000. Both of which blew up and the fixed for me even after the warrant was out. Second, if the sled you bought was new, even if it was a left over, it should not have been warranty registered until you signed for it. If they sold it to you as new, then the warranty should have just started. However, if it was a demo or something like that then I can see why the warranty is out. Again be really nice and call Cat customer service

xcsp

"About 2 weeks ago I bought a new 2008 arctic cat crossfire 800"

If you bought a new sled 2 weeks ago, the warranty should go one year from that purchase date. It IS a new, carry-over sled??

As Hoffmansledder says, contact Cat and discuss the situation and see what they can do to help out.

whitedust

What did you purchase? Was this a new non current 2008 arctic cat crossfire 800 no miles? If so your warranty just started & you are dealing with morons. If not return used sled & get money back as you got ripped off on a used sled that is a little more used.

alex2929

It is brand new....I have a paper saying i have a year warranty that started 12-17-2009. The dealer i bought it from is really big. I wish a smaller dealer at home would have had the sled. I feel like i am dealing with way more sh!t than i should have to with a brand new machine.

whitedust

It is brand new....I have a paper saying i have a year warranty that started 12-17-2009. The dealer i bought it from is really big. I wish a smaller dealer at home would have had the sled. I feel like i am dealing with way more sh!t than i should have to with a brand new machine.

I feel your pain & that is the reason I don't do biz with super dealers. Live & learn I guess. I like going in a smaller dealer that knows my face & first name that runs sales & service. Once you have a good relationship with a smaller dealer your are golden. I have had them stop what they are doing & fix me on the spot.

Take your paperwork in & show it to service person & should not be a problem. If they still don't help raise Cain demand they get selling AC dealer & AC on the phone NOW. Somebody has some explaining to do to a pissed off customer ...... you. Sounds to me like you are lost in the super dealer maze & it SUCKS!

t660redrocket

Hopefully your "little" dealer isn't the "I told you so" type. The smaller dealers sometimes will tell you to go to back to where you you bought out of spite.