Bowflex

• Thread starter Deleted member 10829
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 10829

John,

I noticed the Bowflex in the picture of you suiting up in today's journal. I have an older model than that and I was wondering what you think of it. I don't really love to work out that much, but a Bowflex sure does make it a lot easier to take as I think they are very easy to use and makes switching between exercises a breeze.

Mark

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I am the same way. Would rather be out doing something than sitting inside on a work out machine, but the Bowflex did make it way more tolerable. I generally use it in the pre season to get myself into shape for the upcoming riding season and also to give me an extra workout before going out west to ride.

-John

D

Deleted member 10829

It does work good for getting in shape for the riding season, especially for my arms, shoulders and back muscles.

snowego

Have you guys worn out the cables on your bowflex machines yet? Mine had the black coating over the cable wire wear off off almost from the first day. Was not sure if everyone had that issue, or if I have just abused mine?

D

Deleted member 10829

snowego,

I just got done with a workout on mine, saw your post, and I just went and looked at it to be sure. I have a clear coating over the cable wire and it looks fine yet. My machine is the Power Pro and is at least 10 years old. I'm guessing you use yours much more than John and myself! :) I would contact Bowflex and see if they would replace them. I think they guaranteed the power rods for life.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I'm guessing you use yours much more than John and myself!

Just what the heck is that suppose to mean! :) Actually I have not used mine since the heart surgery, but did use it 3-4 times a week prior and I am chomping at the bit to be able to get back on it.

I have not had any problems with delaminating of the coating on the cables. I too would say talk to Bowflex. One of my power rods broke within the first few months I owned it (do not even know my own strength) and they were great about sending me two replacements free of charge and quickly. A good company to work with so far for me.

-John

D

Deleted member 10829

Just what the heck is that suppose to mean! :)

I was just making an assumption after your first response to the thread stating that you generally use it to get in shape for the riding season and your trip out West. You know what they say about assuming things! :) I don't use it as much as I should, that's for sure.