Brand New Ski Doo Problems

il_rmk

Man O Man do I feel sorry for my buddy, he just bought a brand new 2010 ski doo renagade 600 Etech, We head out for our first small day trip of the year and we are having a great ride and 25 miles in we stop and take a trailside break and 10 minutes later we hop back on our sleds and fire them up and he was leading and he stands up, slams his emergency stop and throws his hands up. We all stop and he says the sled just fell on its face lost half its power and bogged down. Tries to restart and now it wont restart, gets it going and sounds like it is running on one cyclinder and then just stalls out. Pulled plugs which looked great and he called the dealer who ran through some BS trouble shooting. We were all shocked that we were waiting trail side for the truck and trailer to pick up a sled with 25 miles. Right back to the dealer the sled goes.

polarisrider1

Man O Man do I feel sorry for my buddy, he just bought a brand new 2010 ski doo renagade 600 Etech, We head out for our first small day trip of the year and we are having a great ride and 25 miles in we stop and take a trailside break and 10 minutes later we hop back on our sleds and fire them up and he was leading and he stands up, slams his emergency stop and throws his hands up. We all stop and he says the sled just fell on its face lost half its power and bogged down. Tries to restart and now it wont restart, gets it going and sounds like it is running on one cyclinder and then just stalls out. Pulled plugs which looked great and he called the dealer who ran through some BS trouble shooting. We were all shocked that we were waiting trail side for the truck and trailer to pick up a sled with 25 miles. Right back to the dealer the sled goes.

It is mechanical, things happen. Up side it has a warranty.

Last edited:

Marty P

You did re-index those plugs when you put them back in...be sure and mention to the dealer that you pulled them.

Last edited:

salmonbum

What is this post about? If I posted everytime a sled broke down, I would be here every day. They all break................

mjkaliszak

At least it not a what's faster thread ...... I never had a sled that didn't break, or something wasn't wrong with it right out of the box. NEVER.....

longtrack

Same old story, If its new always take a extra.

Something here sounds a little fishy. I was always told it was impossible to get those Plugs out without a special Socket Attachment. So how can it be done on the Trail?

We have 2 ETEK's with over 5K and have never had a Plug out of them.

whitedust

I think what rmk is after here is he felt really bad for his buddy. Ever see the look on your buds' face after a burndown & you all know the ride is over. Bad enough the new sled broke but screwing up the day is worse.

catalac

I'd feel alot worse for him if it was just out of warranty.
It does suck when you have a new sled, and all that loot into it, then she doesn't run right. Bummer.

il_rmk

Sorry I thought I posted this under the Mis. Section so sorry if some people thought it was a dumb post. but anyway my buddy took the sled in right away this morning and they found the problem within 15 minutes, It was a zip tie the factory put to tight on a wire that rubbed right through it and caused some type of short. About the spark plugs we were only able to get the one right behind the clutch out to check it.

23skidoo

Indexing plugs

If you take the dash off you can get to the spark plugs. Indexing the plugs is not
that difficult, mark them with a sharpie. The threading of the heads pretty much
lets the plugs seat in the correct position.

The Apostate

il rmk, Did he buy this sled from Nielsen's? A friend of mine just told me about the exact same story. I wanted to buy a 2010 Gade ETEC from Nielsen's and his friend swooped in and bought before me. Next thing I know he's telling me it puked about 20 miles down the trail. I've been regretting the fact that I missed out on a leftover gade because they have been hard to come by. Maybe I dodged the bullet instead.

The Apostate

I like test runs with a new sled before a trip.

I do too but it's not always feasible. I have atrip planned next week and no sled yet. I hope to buy one today or tommorow but I'm not going to cancel the trip just because I bought a new machine with no miles on it. Besides there is hardly enough snow in my neck of the woods to try it out anyway.