BRP Exome Radiant Helmet

whitedust

Is this too soon? Appears to me BRP is going with Exome and O2 helmets as their featured helmets. Looks like Modular 3 and BVS2 will be discontinued. Exome Radiant helmets seem to be good bang for the buck for BRP. I tried on Exome and fit well but so many buttons to push and pull with bare hands can’t image doing with gloves. My main concern is does the breath box hoses ice up which was a common problem with the modular and the magnetic catch seems cool as snaps are history and magnets are an improvement if they work? I like dual head vents but can they be operated with gloves? What is the peak supposed to do sales person had no idea. Lol. What does everyone think about Exome and anyone buy one or use it yet?

rph130

Bought the Exome a couple of weeks ago but have not used it yet because our trails are still closed. I'm wondering how long before the deflector thing breaks when it falls off of my sled while sitting on the side of the trail or when we stop somewhere. I may just remove it before first ride to avoid the aggravation on the trail.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
I bought one this year. Haven't used it yet, though I did pretend to be snowmobiling in the garage. I took that deflector thing off, no great benefit that I can see. The breath box is a nice improvement with the magnet attach. I thought the price point was good especially coming from BRP. It took me a couple of rides to master the Mod3 and I would expect the same for the Exome.

At the time I bought it I was told that the BVS2 has been discontinued.

Gary

whitedust

I think peak breaks wind resistance and nice handle to carry other than that Idk?? Please let me know how Exome performs I’m skeptical the air tubes might ice up.

old abe

I bought one this year. Haven't used it yet, though I did pretend to be snowmobiling in the garage. I took that deflector thing off, no great benefit that I can see. The breath box is a nice improvement with the magnet attach. I thought the price point was good especially coming from BRP. It took me a couple of rides to master the Mod3 and I would expect the same for the Exome.

At the time I bought it I was told that the BVS2 has been discontinued.

Gary
I don't like the sound of the BVS2 or the Mod 3 being discontinued?

whitedust

I don't like the sound of the BVS2 or the Mod 3 being discontinued?
Pretty sure BVS2 is a goner Exome better and less expensive. Agree Mod 3 is an excellent helmet sooo many out there and people like them so I can see a sustainable market for them but BRP does move on in snow division.

picbn

Have you checked out the CKX Mission helmet? I bought one last year and like it a lot more than my old Mod 3. It's more comfortable, quieter, warmer, has a wider field of view and the air flow system works great. No tight mask needed around your mouth/nose. Not cheap though.

whitedust

Have you checked out the CKX Mission helmet? I bought one last year and like it a lot more than my old Mod 3. It's more comfortable, quieter, warmer, has a wider field of view and the air flow system works great. No tight mask needed around your mouth/nose. Not cheap though.
No I haven’t are parts available? I like that most skidoo dealers sell helmet parts nothing more frustrating than helmet malfunctions while in snow country and no parts available.

dfattack

I'm done with the face mask/snot mop/fighter pilot attachment thingy. from what I see on doo talk the discussion is for sure the mission helmet and oxygen. That is if you aren't riding with an open face freezing your face nuts off.

picbn

Mission helmet is awesome. All moist air goes out the back with air flow system. Not sure what parts would ever be needed. Check out their website. Purchased mine at Nielson Enterprises (ski doo dealer) in Lake Villa, Il.

old abe

It seems with the CKX Mission helmet a electric shield is a must? If that's the case I'm not interested, as I don't care for the cord hassle.

picbn

Mine does have the electric shield, cord doesn’t bother me. But, I don’t think an electric shield is needed. There are several YouTube video reviews on the helmet and it is discussed. I’m not trying to sell anything, just sharing my opinion. Others may chime in.

dfattack

It seems with the CKX Mission helmet a electric shield is a must? If that's the case I'm not interested, as I don't care for the cord hassle.
I felt that way too for many years. Then I had the opportunity to get rid of the rubber face cone and had to try. Now I could care less. If it makes me warm, I can play music in my helmet and no snot mops being replaced at the restaurant...worth it to me. But I know what you mean with the cable. You kinda get used to it after a while

goofy600

I'm done with the face mask/snot mop/fighter pilot attachment thingy. from what I see on doo talk the discussion is for sure the mission helmet and oxygen. That is if you aren't riding with an open face freezing your face nuts off.
My wife absolutely loves her oxygen helmet, and yes almost all comparisons for helmets is either mission or oxygen. Also have few friends with oxygen and they have all good to say about it. I just wish they would make one in a bright color that stands out skidoo’s colors for the oxygen suck.

goofy600

I felt that way too for many years. Then I had the opportunity to get rid of the rubber face cone and had to try. Now I could care less. If it makes me warm, I can play music in my helmet and no snot mops being replaced at the restaurant...worth it to me. But I know what you mean with the cable. You kinda get used to it after a while
I also think the cord would drive me nuts because I have a tendency to get off my sled at stops to talk with group but like anything can get used to it.

whitedust

I also think the cord would drive me nuts because I have a tendency to get off my sled at stops to talk with group but like anything can get used to it.
I don’t know about you guys but I kept breaking the first 18” of rca cord so bought 4 cheap on
Amazon same as goofy stopped to talk and pop a cord. Lol. O2 has magnetic cord in back probably pop off if you forget to unhook.

dfattack

I don’t know about you guys but I kept breaking the first 18” of rca cord so bought 4 cheap on
Amazon same as goofy stopped to talk and pop a cord. Lol. O2 has magnetic cord in back probably pop off if you forget to unhook.
It does. Once you are used to having the cord it becomes second nature to unplug. Takes a bit of time but eventually you get used to it

dfattack

My wife absolutely loves her oxygen helmet, and yes almost all comparisons for helmets is either mission or oxygen. Also have few friends with oxygen and they have all good to say about it. I just wish they would make one in a bright color that stands out skidoo’s colors for the oxygen suck.
I think i saw a cool red colored oxygen. Almost like a candy red like yamaha used to have on their apex sleds. I could be wrong but thought I saw it on BRP website.

And they have white too

Tuck

the oxygen helmet is not exactly stylish in my opinion but it sure does work as advertised. with that said I have had goggles, electric shield and way back old dirt bike lid with cotton balls stuffed in the vents with elec tape over them. Dont miss those days. I agree colors are less than stellar. But it does work and the magnetic hook up on the back is way better than the RCA cords. and it has a light on it which is almost as bright as good as the bite harder lights. The magnet connection is great, all helmets should go to a system like that.