Brushing and signing

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think the Keweenaw Snowmobile Club will be having a signing and brushing work session, but perhaps a new groomer garage raising! Not sure of the date(s) just yet, but will be sure to announce it when we have them.

-John

garyl62

I don't think the Keweenaw Snowmobile Club will be having a signing and brushing work session, but perhaps a new groomer garage raising! Not sure of the date(s) just yet, but will be sure to announce it when we have them.

-John

Took me a few days to see this, and I know you've got plenty going on right now John, but has the club raised enough funds to build the new building? Are you thinking it might come together and get started this fall?

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Took me a few days to see this, and I know you've got plenty going on right now John, but has the club raised enough funds to build the new building? Are you thinking it might come together and get started this fall?

We have not raised the total amount of funds needed to build the building, but the old one is just not safe anymore, so we will have to borrow to make up the difference. Hopefully some fundraising this season will help to fill the gap.

-John

garyl62

Any plans for a work weekend this fall for the Keweenaw Club? I couldn't make it this weekend to the Superior Club's clean-up so figured I'd check back.

Maybe someone out there knows if the Dreamland Club has any plans????

stormrider3

Barnstormers, Barnes WI. any help would be welcome. Oct.5th, 9:00 am at the Clubs building. Directions available at the Trading Post Bar.

garyl62

Just learned the Keweenaw Club is planning a brushing weekend on October 25 & 26. Sounds like they are just beginning to put some details together so hopefully we'll see an update soon, but for those like me that need to plan days off in advance figured I'd pass this along.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
True story Gary.

We will be having a signing and brushing work weekend on October 25-26. Same drill as every year. Meet at the Trailside Lodge in Calumet 9:30 am. Crews will be organized and sent out. No special tools needed, but saws, loppers and especially work gloves are very handy. Also be prepared for the weather up here in late Oct (chilly, maybe even some snow).

The Trailside Lodge is offering up free lodging for workers. You need to call to reserve.

-John

garyl62

Got my days off, just made my reservation at the Trailside last night!

For those of you that have never come up for this I'd encourage you to try and make it. If you can't get there for Friday morning, come for Saturday. It's fun to take a day or two and get out in the woods, on the trails and have some interaction with a good group of people.

Gary