Cabinets

coldbear

Hello John. We were just wondering how the cabinets are comming for the new addition? How about a few cam shots of your progresses? What type of wood are you going to use to make them? Lot of questions.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm. Slooooooooow. Very slow

Between being busy with the site, starting up Keweenaw Kamo, revamping computers and taking care of some ride-in stuff, I have barely done anything in the past few weeks. Even took possession of a brand new Laguna 14" SUV bandsaw 10 days ago that is not even completely out of the crate yet! Usually I have things like that out of the box, setup and running before the delivery guy even gets back to the highway. Hope to get the saw setup this week and then figure out the final few things in my cabinetry cad software and get designing and then move onto building.

I am not panicking yet, as the actual build time should not take me more than 2 weeks total time (mainly afternoons and evenings). But the clock is ticking and I do wish I was further along than I am right now.

The shop cabinets will be made of birch ply. The kitchen will be made from cherry ply for the cases and then solid cherry doors and drawer fronts. Hoping to use undermount drawer slides to show off dovetailed drawers.

If there are any persons out there familiar with Cabinet Planner, let me know, I would be happy to put you up in a nice hotel or cabin up here and take you out for some nice back country rides in exchange for a tutoring session or to or three to get me up to speed. The software seems great and can do just about anything, but for someone with NO CAD experience and being self taught, is proving to be a bit of a learning curve! Once I have that software mastered, it's all down hill! :)

So the bottom line is no pics to share yet, heck, I have a cross cut sled sitting in 4 pieces that I still need to finish putting together!

-John

Builder Bob

I know nothing about Cabinet Planner.
I do know Autocad, and work with it daily.
All I can is that learning and using CAD is opening a book of new problems.
Nothing is easy.
ROI for CAD can be long time, but overtime of repeating similar projects, it does save time. It does give sales people new tools to get more sales.

Best of Luck