Cadillac conditions

ext580

Was hoping to get up to Cadillac area on Sunday.
My last possible chance to ride this season.
Is Cadillac going to be a wash by Sunday. I know they were getting snow
but did they get enough to make riding possible?
Thanks in advance for any info on trails.

vmaxal

Cadillac Trail Report:
DATE: 2-27-20
BASE: 0-3
PAST 24 Hrs: 1
CONDITION: Poor to Fair Click for Cadillac Michigan Forecast Michigan Snowmobile Trails
Hello- Getting some Lake Effect snows now, but TV forecaster is expecting just 1-3" for our area. Our trail system varies from extremely bad to good, depending on areas and sunlight. I would suggest riding LPL, Boon, Caberfae and South of Mesick, for the best snow. Logging area along trail 37, just north of M55 is really bad, with plowed dirt in that area. Riders have said that most trails south of M55 are getting quite thin. Not many riders, but had two say that they road over 200 miles in 2 days and experienced some really good and really bad conditions. Trail 6 west of Caberfae staging area is pretty thin, but most other Caddy trails north of M55 have good snow cover, minus RR grades. Tough getting in/out of Mesick, but with some Lake Effect, that may be doable by tomorrow? I would stage out of LPL,Boon, Pole Rd.,if riding this area! Pete

- - - Updated - - -

Even going further north isn't going to help much....

Trail Report By: Jeff of the Grand Traverse Area Snowmobile Club
Traverse City Trail Report:
DATE: 02/27/2020
BASE: Poor
PAST 24 Hrs: 2-3
CONDITION: Poor-good Click for Traverse City Michigan Forecast Michigan Snowmobile Trails
Well we had a major warm up at the beginning of the week that put a hurt on the trails. The warm up melted the snow down to a hard base. The good news is we still have a base. Last night we received about 2 inches of light snow. We ran the groomer last night on our North trail and the driver reported the trail to be in poor to good. We will continue to groom as long as the weather allows. The trail that parallels Brown Bridge road down by Ranch Rudolph was mostly dirt. The further South you go the thinner the snow gets. Can you ride-yes. Is it great-no. I will do another report on Saturday morning if things improve. As of right now I will report that the North trials are good and the South trails are poor

ext580

Thanks for the heads up.
I figured it was not going to be good unless the area got about 4-6" of snow to add to the base this week.
Going to probably pass as it is a few hour drive up there from my brothers house.
Thanks again.

vmaxal

I stand corrected, just go a little north and east...

From Kalkaska County Snowmobile Club...
Posted on their facebook 2hrs ago...
The groomer was out on the Blue Bear yesterday redefining our trail. We received 10 to 12 inches of new lake effect snow . It is also very windy and area's of the trail will be drifted. more Lake effect is predicted today. Have fun Ride Right