Cadillac Mi area ride

pdubravec

Looking at heading to the area sometime in late Jan possibly for a quick ride. Any recommendations? Also is there a way to get on in Cadillac and get up and back to Mackinaw via trail? Or is that only accessible from the Gaylord area?

latner

Looking at my trail maps, doesn't look like any connectors from the Cadillac trails to the north trails that go to Mackinaw, you would have to trailer. Unless you have to stay in Cadillac, I would go a little farther northeast to Grayling.

skid

If there is plenty of snow ,you can get a map and find some side roads to get you up into the Manton area and catch the trail to Moorestown which connects into the Graying and Gaylord trail system. But it would be a long days ride up to the bridge and back.

Go Fast or Go Home

No trail connectors from Cadillac to Mackinaw I am aware of.

We had tons of snow one year and were able to get from Cadillac to Manton, then as " skid " said you can ride trail from there.

You will need tons of snow and perfect conditions to make it on the County roads though. It will be an extremely long day. We laid over in Gaylord then on to Mackinaw and had the Bridge Authority takes us across to the Upper.

I'm no weather guy, but I do not see that much snow in the forecast that will help you out.

Don~