Cadillac, MI - Mar 12, 2011

lofsfire

I took my 4 year old on his first sled trip to Cadillac, MI over the weekend and we had a great time! We road for 8hrs on Saturday and put on all most 100 miles. Then went back to the hotel to swim in the pool.

P3120007.JPG

P3120036.JPG

P3120010-2.jpg

Trail 6 at tunnel

P3120012.JPG

Boon Grocery/ Bonfire

P3120016.JPG

Caberfae Ski Lodge

P3120022.JPG

Pine River Rec Area

P3120030.JPG

P3120031.JPG

Asleep Trail 6 (Wellston) near Low Bridge

P3120033.JPG

Trail 6 Power lines Wellston heading back to Cadillac

P3120035.JPG

Trail 6 just east of 637

P3120040%20LostPinesLodge.jpg

P3120043.JPG

Lost Pines

P3120044.JPG

Trail 37

P3120050.JPG

snoluver1

Awesome!! Making memories that will last for ever. Funny how they always fall asleep on the ride, but when you want them to go to bed they're jumping off the walls.:)

lofsfire

Awesome!! Making memories that will last for ever. Funny how they always fall asleep on the ride, but when you want them to go to bed they're jumping off the walls.:)

Yep, he was in the pool from 7:30 till 10:30 and still wanted to stay longer.

yamahachick

Awesome pics! I haven't been as brave as u, to take my 5 yr old farther then 3 miles from our house. however he loves to go to the lake n drive it with his dad.

samc

Awsome pics - we've been taking our kids riding (on trips, 100 miles a day) since they were 4 yrs old. Our 10 yr old now come back woods riding with us. Can't wait until our younger one can start coming also.

mjdeutsch

looks like good trails for this late in the season, you should also check out The Coyote Crossing Resort for a great lunch or warming up spot. They are just South of the place where the trail goes under Cabre Fae Road, take that trail south, go left at staging area and pick up the trail again and cross M-55 maybe 2 miles from the tunnel. The owners are snowmobilers too and great people. I have taken my 4 year old on 2 30 mile days and am diffinatly ready to go to cadillac with him next year.

www.coyotecrossingresort.com

Desperado

Nice pictures - what a lucky boy, made his first ride with 4 years - I made my first ride with 48 years and now i know what i missed all the years.

Greetings from germany

Now that looks like fun! I can't wait to get my little girl out on a sled... she's got a ways to go since she's only 10 months old, but her dad is already dreaming of nice family trips like yours. Good job!:cool:

lofsfire

Thank you everyone, as you can tell I am proud of how well he did and that we had a great weekend together!

yamahachick~ my wife was hesitant about me taking him along.

Desperado~ I completely get what you saying about seeing what you have missed. One of my friends decide to fix up and old sled of one of his uncles back in high school then bought a newer sled when he graduated and then ask me to go on a trip with him to Cadillac back in 2000. I went a bought a sled that next summer. I was 21 then and I'm still hooked now.

mjdeutsch~ Actually I normally stay at Coyote Crossing when I go to Cadillac I found the resort one summer when I was going up to Traverser City. It was the summer after my first trip to Cadillac. I was looking for Lost Pines and turned the wrong way. Anyways at that time they only had the main building built and a few cabins. They had pads ready for two more and were framing two others when I stopped. Took some info and have been staying there whenever we have a group.
We normal will get two cabins. I was only able to make two trip this year but one of my friends has gotten to know Pete really well. Last year before Pete owned the place the owner did not keep the bar as well stocked and they were down to their last bottle of Jack. My buddies finished that off and went and got a bottle that one of the guys brought up, it was one of the XL bottles they finished about half of that also and then gave the bottle to Coyote. Came back a month later with one buddy and my wife and his girlfriend and our same bottle was still there. He orders a jack & coke (Linda) the old bartender even points out that it was the bottle we gave her from last time and then says the will be $3.75. We did give them the bottle just thought it was ironic we end up paying to drink Jack we gave them for free.
Since it was just me a my son this time and I was picking up the whole bill I stayed at the Sands. That way my son could go swimming too.

techsledder~ its a long wait but it does go fast when you look back on it. I also have a 15mo old son so I'm right there with you waiting again.
I need a snowcoach!

windingtrailgal

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! Nice that it was just the 2 of you for bonding! Thanks for the pics!

I've dragged all 3 of my boys along since they were itty bitty...less than 2 yrs old for all of them. It's good to create snow monsters young! ;) Tricky part is what to do when they fall asleep and hit the kill switch! Have a harness that helps out a ton!

So glad you took him! Nice big smiles!! :)

wtg

lofsfire

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! Nice that it was just the 2 of you for bonding! Thanks for the pics!

I've dragged all 3 of my boys along since they were itty bitty...less than 2 yrs old for all of them. It's good to create snow monsters young! ;) Tricky part is what to do when they fall asleep and hit the kill switch! Have a harness that helps out a ton!

So glad you took him! Nice big smiles!! :)

wtg

Thanks, if you look in the picture that he fell asleep in he is still holding on.

One of my friends has the harness and told me to try his first and if I liked it I could have it. He said it was nice once you where on but getting on and off was a pain. Anyways he could not come and lives 2 hrs south of me so I could not try the harness. So did the next best thing. I had some webbing tied it to my skinz hand guard straps and it work perfectly. Kinda like a Mountain strap, which is what I will get next year.