Calumet 12/26 - 12/30?

93cherokeesport

We've got a trip planned for the 26th - 30th to stay at the Trailside Lodge but with the conditions as they are currently, we are somewhat hesitant to even make the trip from Indianapolis. This is our only chance this year to be able to go to the U.P. due to work schedules so I was wondering what everyone else thinks. I've seen posts about Twin Lakes and Toivola having more than the rest we are just worried considering the temps this week and all of the traffic that will probably be going through that area. Thanks in advance!

legend02

Were going the same time frame, but staying in Twin lakes and hoping it snows on Saturday and monday like their predicting. Only time will tell, if the rain holds off on Wednesday were going.

Rick180

We are going to Calumet also that week

We will be at the Trailside Lodge the 28th to the 1st. Even if the snow is getting thin it's still better that watching the grass grow at home.

YamiChris

We drove up on Saturday morning and parked at Pats Yamaha in Greenland. We took trail 3 north and it was thin at first but passable. North of the fire Steel bridges the snow started to build and by the time you are in twin lakes the trails were great. It continued that way up passed south range and then the snow decreases like normal as you are heading into Houghton. There are several open water spots going into Houghton. Going up trail 17 N to calumet is in good early season condition up to the Y intersection where trail 3 intersects 17. The snow goes down hill FAST at that point and we turned around about 2 miles north of calumet and took trail 3 south on the way back down to Hancock. There are a few water spots on trail 3 around lake linden, but overall not bad for early season riding. All the spur trails off of trail 3 are FULL of water. I assume Twin Lakes to South Range will be fine, but getting into Houghton could get interesting with Wednesdays forecast.

The north half of the Freda loop was fine but it's gets wet when you head to the southern part. Getting into Houghton was fine yesterday, a few wet spots but easily passible.