Camera

BNF CAT

Any clubs using a rear view camera on their groomers? What do you have? How does it work with snow dust?

D

Deleted member 10829

We have used them and they are mounted inside the cab so snow dust is not an issue. I will say, we tried going with a cheaper model and I am very disappointed in it. I would get a good one if you go that route. Not sure of the brand name.

mrbb

I don't have experience with them on a groomer
but I have a few of them on tractors and skid steers
I have tried a few different brands I found off Ebay, rather cheap one's to be honest, but ALL are 3+ yrs old and have not had a single issue with any of them
they all work, I have all mine set up so they power up thru a cig lighter plug, pretty fast simple install then
my advice is BUY one that has the right degree of view you desire(wider or narrower) and get the largest screen monitor you can, them small one's things even a little out will look FAR and small and be hard to see, all the more so when you mount the camera father from the end of groomer/machine/drag or??
like in cab over on end of drag!
I believe that Tdd brothers or what ever there name is(higher end set up) sells a cam with either a heated lens or some sorts of heated snow cover that might appeal to a groomers

I went with cheap one's as I know they will get abused more for me and there just fast simple quick installs that only help and for the price were worth the gamble
I think the one's I got cost about 30 bucks each??