Captiva Island 75 years agp

jmpsly

John---Spent some time at a lodge on Captiva Island. Wood bridge from Sanibel to Captiva and ferry to Sanibel Great memories including scorpion on beach, water at night mhen disturbed. 300 lb Jewfish laying under bridge to catch dinner as smaller fish swam by, Once in a life time experience

Glad to hear it.s still there.
JohnP

5_spot

Captiva & North Captiva 2 different islands, but right next to each other. My family has been going to Captiva (South Seas Resort) every year since I was 18!, (41 now). We have 2 timeshares there. My wife and kids were actually on North Captiva last week too! They were visiting friends of ours for the day who rented a house for the week too. My wife & kids were actually in Cape Coral all week ( I had to send 'em with out me, too much going on at the time), so they caught the ferry & spent the day there. I've spent some time at Barnicle Phil's many times while ducking in as a storm rolled by while fishing! Beautiful place and definately private. Hope you guys had a great time. I'm going to have to look through my wife's pictures & see if you guys show up in the background!!, which is entirely possible if anyone know how small the place actually is.