Carb to Fuel Injection Conversion

wags

Is there any type of conversion out there to go from a carb set up to fuel injection on an 2008 Yamaha VentureGT 120cc 4 stroke? I'm tired of the hassle of the first startup of the season! Every year I have to crank and crank till the battery goes low and prime the carbs by shooting fuel in the carbs. My 08 Venture Lite is Fuel Injected and she fires right away.

Just venting and bit here but on a serious note if there is a conversion I would be open to it.

wags

Opps I just realized I said my sled was 120cc that of course is incorrect it is 120hp or about 1000cc.

whitedust

Good question!! But all new FI Vector Engine not the same as what you have. Ask Chad or Kip someone must have asked them your question.

dab102999

Simple. Trade it. I believe the new ones are fuelies.

This is what I would do...depending on your miles that sled should still be worth more then enough on trade in or even out right sale to get you in a newer fuely for way less money, time and headachs it would take you to convert the one you have.... If it even could be done.

wags

Well after a short search there is no conversion kit out on the market. I love the sled and don't want to upgrade just yet.
I did quite a bit of research on Totally Yamaha on the issues of the first starting of the season after being in storage and decided to simply shoot starting fluid into the carbs, just a touch and it worked great, no more cranking and cranking, no more pulling vent hoses etc... just a simple squirt into all 3 and she fired right away.