Carbide selection...

Canuck_600

what's a good size of dually carbide for an Edge 600 with a 1.25" ripsaw track?

i bought a set of woody's slim jim 6" duallys, and tried them out tonight for a bit. they seem to be grabbing really well, but i'm coming off of carbides that were flat, and only about 2-3 inches left of them
I'm hoping i bought the right ones haha
i guess i can't really test too much until the trails open, so i'll see how they go
Thanks in advance!

zimmbob

Studs or no Studs will affect the answer. No studs, don't want to go too long. You'll stick to non-snowy surfaces and just spin. 6" I'd think would be the max you'd want, might even be a bit long. But you'll find out when you go to cross a road without snow on it, have to stop, then get going again. Have Studs, it won't matter too much, IMO.

dafuzz

Long track

What length carbide will I want? I'm on my first mountain sled, a 151 by 2" with Simmons ski's with two carbides per ski. I mostly play in powder and drifts, but have to ride the trails to get there. How does the double carbide ski and long paddle track affect carbide choice compared to studs/no studs? I'm a fairly aggressive rider who weighs an athletic 265 lbs. Any input would be appreciated.

jimfsr

powder wise, probably wont notice the carbide. On the trail is where you need them. My recommendation is Stud Buy shapers 6" should be fine. They have a side cut to them that may help in the powder more than regular round bars. They should last forever in your conditions. I get 4-5000 miles out of a set, but thats flatlanding in Mi. Lots of snirt and roads to deal with.

mudorsnow

I agree with zimmbob in being careful with the slim jims on pavement. My neighbors 700 dragon with 121 1"25 ripsaw no studs with the slim jims is sitting in my garage right now with a tore up track cause he did a late march ride and there was little snow on roads, parking lots and the like. He's got lugs ripped and half missing off his ripsaw! He was NOT a happy camper!!! I had the 600 121 1"25 ripsaw no studs with the woodys duallys in the 4" carbide. Great set setup IMO. I now have a 144 with 1.5" and I have the same one on that. So far so good.

Canuck_600

its non studded

i guess i'll see how they work when i can get a real ride on the trails, and if they have too much bite, then i guess they'll be a set of 6" Slim Jims in the classifieds lol
thanks for the help guys