Cat and Team's Rapid Response II Clutch

kevinj

Can someone help me? There is a sticky bearing on the shaft of the team clutch in my 2019 ZR6000. The design keeps near zero belt deflection because this bearing is meant to spin. My is getting hung up and my sled will move with me on it without throttle unless I hold the break. Its annoying. My dealer told this is not a serviceable part or clutch but my research has shown that cat went with this clutch because it is rebuildable. Now I might get stuck for a clutch for almost $1000. Any insight into this?

favoritos

There is no simple repair. I'd be shocked if you find a dealer that can do a fix. Rebuilding them is not factory supported.
I'm not sure how many miles are on that clutch? Replacements are typically sent out as uncalibrated units. You could possibly reuse your weights and spring in the replacement. It will still cost you some serious coin, but a bunch less that the 1k mark.

kevinj

Multiple dealers and clutch shops contacted. Only way to fix is to replace. Oh and by the way cat has clutches backordered to April!!! Luckily I found one (from Speed Shop Inc) for less than cat cost. Apparently Cat has a lot of stuff backordered. I just need to swap out my weights and spring.

favoritos

Those back order numbers are somewhat fluid. Hopefully the pipeline isn't that empty.
Good to hear that you found one. I have four sleds running that clutch. Three of them have around 6,000 miles. I ordered a spare this past summer. I figure it is insurance for myself.
Look at those weights for a dent about 3/4 up on the roller face before you swap them. You might not have any wear, but that is the spot to look.

euphoric1

Multiple dealers and clutch shops contacted. Only way to fix is to replace. Oh and by the way cat has clutches backordered to April!!! Luckily I found one (from Speed Shop Inc) for less than cat cost. Apparently Cat has a lot of stuff backordered. I just need to swap out my weights and spring.

backordered, backordered, backordered UUUUGH!!! Not going to say who but have been waiting for a roll of saw chain from one of the biggest chainsaw manufacturers in the world.... for OVER 2 MONTHS!! I know off subject from post but Its not only Cat and it is EXTREMELY frustrating and REDICULOUS!! hard to conduct business at times!!

kevinj

Those back order numbers are somewhat fluid. Hopefully the pipeline isn't that empty.
Good to hear that you found one. I have four sleds running that clutch. Three of them have around 6,000 miles. I ordered a spare this past summer. I figure it is insurance for myself.
Look at those weights for a dent about 3/4 up on the roller face before you swap them. You might not have any wear, but that is the spot to look.

Will do. Thanks.

By the way, mine started to act up at around 3K miles. I rode it all season with creep. Clutch now has about 5K on it and it is getting replaced. I hope they improve the design or at least make that part replaceable.

frnash

backordered, backordered, backordered UUUUGH!!! Not going to say who but have been waiting for a roll of saw chain from one of the biggest chainsaw manufacturers in the world.... for OVER 2 MONTHS!! I know off subject from post but Its not only Cat and it is EXTREMELY frustrating and REDICULOUS!! [sic] hard to conduct business at times!!
REDICULOUS: Not only that but RIDICULOUS even! :devilish:
Flip Wilson - The devil made me do it! - small.jpg