Caution on trail out of South Range!

cobalt_502

We put on 400 miles last weekend but it came with a very scary situation! One of the riders in our group totaled his sled while traveling out of South Range. There are manholes dead center of the trail, he was traveling at a moderate speed when his left ski hooked one of the manhole covers and pitched him off his sled and sent the sled flipping over and into the ditch hitting a tree. Thanks to Pat & Kip he was able to file a claim for a total loss and purchase a sled from them, they were fantastic to deal with as always! I suspect the trail will be fine when there is a base but until then please be careful, the one cover was sticking up a few inches.

cobalt_502

We rode Thursday thru Saturday night out of Rockland. The trails for the most part were not good except for Twin Lakes/ South Range, I would imagine by now they are all very bad? We were at Mosquito Friday night as John Dee was leaving, it was snowing hard at that time and we had a blast. We rode down to Kenton a few times via Sturgeon River back roads and it was kinda thin, pretty sure that area is out of the question for riding now too?

Hoosier

We put on 400 miles last weekend but it came with a very scary situation! One of the riders in our group totaled his sled while traveling out of South Range. There are manholes dead center of the trail, he was traveling at a moderate speed when his left ski hooked one of the manhole covers and pitched him off his sled and sent the sled flipping over and into the ditch hitting a tree. Thanks to Pat & Kip he was able to file a claim for a total loss and purchase a sled from them, they were fantastic to deal with as always! I suspect the trail will be fine when there is a base but until then please be careful, the one cover was sticking up a few inches.

So you're saying if I hit that stop just right I can get a new sled? Please provide more detailed instructions.

Just kidding. Glad no one was hurt.