CBD....please explain....LOL

snobuilder

It is all over the place. Anyone here use it? If you are willing to share I would like to here a little bio on yourself and what benefits/ side effects you experience.

old abe

It is all over the place. Anyone here use it? If you are willing to share I would like to here a little bio on yourself and what benefits/ side effects you experience.
Perhaps you try it? They claim it will work for anything? Report back if able:LOL: as I would likfe to try it on my arthritis.

WorkHardPlayHrd

I gave up about a year ago and while in Arizona I purchased tincture oil at a 6 to 1 rate to help with the pain from my chemotherapy treatments. I was overdoing over the counter, and there are prescription drugs I don't want to be addicted to. 20 minutes after I took it I wondered why I hadn't done it sooner. Yes it helps, especially when my neuropathy is in major flair up. I don't use it all the time, nor have I ever had any symptoms of addiction.

My husband broke his back twice. Once at 16 from a chopper box, tractor accident, and a second time at 23 in a car accident. Had been maxing out over the counter for years. So I decided to experiment and added the tincture to his nightly drink that was helping him sleep. 10 minutes later he asked what I did differently. When I told him he looked like he was going to drop over in shock. So that's the purpose of medical marijuana, he said. Keep giving it to me. He takes it morning and night. We have found out for him it is just best to stay on it. 18 to 1 ratio in the morning, 6 to 1 in the evening.

Most of the gummies are the THC. I will pop 1 right before bed if my pain is really bad after treatment.

The lotions are a watered down version of the pure oils. I have no interest in that. Don't smoke it and absolutely hate the smell of it. Don't want the high either, but to get the pain killing effect I need have to bring it from outside Wisconsin. Let's just say I will be bringing souvenirs back from our next snowmobile trip to Michigan.

old abe

No it's still working. Makes my end of workday arthritis knee pain somewhat tolerable. If whiskey was labeled as a phizer product we would all be using it,....no?.....just a little bit different kind of SHOT....and of course all the boosters:ROFLMAO:.
Just increase the dosage of your Jameson, that should do the trick ;) ! Forget the Pfizer label, they're all about hypo drugso_O.

mezz

There are 2 forms of CBD oils, the tintcure is an alcohol based extract & the other is suspended in oils, like olive oil. Amt of dosages vary & are taken orally. Depending on what ones level of pain may be this can be an effective way of pain management to a degree. It works for some & not for all & it's not exactly cheap. I've tried it & it didn't do enough for me, though I will say it helped take the edge off. I could only imagine what ezra would say, it might go something like this, take a toke & hold the smoke........;);):cool:

Last edited:

chunk06

Next time your in the UP swing in and buy some thc edibles and experiment with them when your at home, they are great for pain. They do just as good as some of the lower end prescription pain meds and are probably better for you. Better for you than booze too. That stuff tears you up as you get older. Just to warn you, the lines get long at the places that sell it!

jonesin

i tried rubbing it in on my shoulder for the pain and it seemed like the pain disappeared for a while but came back within hours, the stuff i had really has an odor though, as for the gummys, every time i tried them i fell right asleep so i cant tell you how i feel on them, lol

WorkHardPlayHrd

Sorry, the farm has been in control of my life for the last 2 weeks. Everything I see someone sledding I wish I was them.

Our ratios have been 6 CBD to 1 THC, and 18 CBD to 1 THC for during the day. The night time one is Indica; which is better for pain, relaxes you, helps you sleep. The daytime 18 to 1 is Sativa. The pain is not quite as good, but it is an energizer, not good for bed time.

harski

I'm at a lower level of pain than you folks but I have hip, knee and back soreness. The back (spine) soreness started after my hip replacement as they used a spinal block for a hip replacement and the rest of my aches I assume are wear and tear. The Dr's couldn't find anything wrong such as an infection etc for why whey the block would create the soreness but it sure the hell did especially the evenings. So since then I tried Turmeric at about 1000g a day and it has worked well for me. Again, I'm not at others levels of discomfort but discomfort is discomfort so gotta do what you gotta do and I'm please I can relax at night. Thanks for input on CBD as I may need it later.

heckler56

Wife uses the tincture before bed for knee pain. Her knee replacement 1 1/2 years ago is still f’ed up. Gabapentin was the only way she could sleep. The tincture enhanced the gabapentin and as of a month ago she removed the gabapentin for bedtime and uses just the tincture. I take a gummy at night when she gets all “chatty”, and, when my arthritis is bad.

Last edited: