Chaincase cover leaking

MATTR

Picked up a 94 RXL with reverse. The chaincase is leaking, it appears to have silicone and no gasket or (seal). Looking for help

catspaz8

Its easy to take the chaincase cover off and see, then put a new seal in. You could run a bead of sealant in there as well for extra protection. what more can anyone do??

euphoric1

There should be a chain case gasket there, with that in place there should be no need for any sealant as there would be very little possibility that either surfaces could be damaged or warped, unless somehow the cover or case has a crack in it from a previous failure. As stated with good cover gasket in place there should be no need for any kind of sealant, but if want to for a piece of mind I would use a anaerobic sealer like a loctite/permatex 515 product

whitedust

Your main concern is if chain case had a crack. Sometime in your era RXL went electronic injection and that was a nightmare wires running everywhere. Buddy had one ride quality was great but early Polaris electronic injection was too complicated he sold it the next year.

MATTR

There should be a chain case gasket there, with that in place there should be no need for any sealant as there would be very little possibility that either surfaces could be damaged or warped, unless somehow the cover or case has a crack in it from a previous failure. As stated with good cover gasket in place there should be no need for any kind of sealant, but if want to for a piece of mind I would use a anaerobic sealer like a loctite/permatex 515 product
Thanks for the info. This is excactly what i was thinking. I'm actually returning the sled tonight to the guy i bought it from

I also have a leaky chain case with my 2005 Ski Doo Renegade. I’ve done the research and it sounds like a bad seal? I see there’s an upper seal and lower seal. Can anyone tell me if it’s as simple as removing the cover and popping a new rubber seal in? Also I’m not finding the part available on Dennis Kirk or EBay. Any other part sites you can recommend?

hybrid

not sure on how to replace the seal on ur machine
shoudent be to bad of job
i have had pretty good luck with Parts Pit Stop before for oem parts
they have a nice site for looking up part #s
not the fastest shipping
usually takes a couple days
but they have ok pricing if your not in a rush

kirk600

The Polaris seal was used for many years, so your dealer should have one or the aftermarket makes one that places like Dennis Kirk carry. I use sealer only on the bottom 1/2 of the case, as the fluid level when full is approximately 2"