Change Oil Light

russholio

Turn the ignition key to the "on" position (don't start it), and pump the gas pedal a couple times (to the floor). When you start the car, the light will blink a few times and then go off.

latner

If the gas pedal method doesn't work (push it 3 times within 5 secs.) I would check to see if there is a red "Reset" button where the drivers side fuse panel is. If it's like my 03 Olds you turn the ignition on and press the reset button once so the Change Oil light flashes then press and hold the reset button until you hear a beep and/or the Change Oil light stops flashing.

polarisxcsp

I tried the gas pedal method on my lunch break and that didnt work. That is how I used to do it with my 04 Chevy but it didnt work with the car.

vw56german

Here are the instructions from a popular resource.

OIL LIFE SYSTEM RESETTING

With Driver Information Center (if equipped):

Turn the ignition ON without starting the engine.
Fully press and release the accelerator pedal three times within five seconds.
The CHANGE OIL SOON indicator flashes twice indicating the system is resetting.
When the CHANGE OIL SOON indicator stops flashing, turn the ignition key to OFF, then start the vehicle.
If the CHANGE OIL SOON indicator comes back on and stays on, repeat the procedure.

With Trip Computer (if equipped):

Press the trip MODE button until the light appears next to OIL LIFE.
Press and hold the RESET button for approx. 3 seconds. The oil life percentage should change to 100 percent.

Seems to me the instructions for the two different options are reversed...but that is the way the book reads.