Chicago family's 1st Packer Game This Sunday

logansccr

I surprised my son (9yrs old) with a Packer game this Sunday. I was fortunate to get two (2) club level tickets from a supplier of mine. So I am heading up on Saturday morning and have a hotel for two nights. We are excited as can be! Can I get some tips on a good restaurant, pizza joint....also what time should I drive to the stadium to tailgate. Can some of you give me some good ideas on what to do. I have never been to Green bay before. Maybe I should hook up the sleds and take them with. And yes we are die-hard Packer fans from Illinois! Thanks for the help.

cyguy

gnbscout.com will help you find all your answers. Just click on forums and go into the "Frozen Tundra" tab. It depends on where you're staying, but some good eats are Titletown Brew Pub, Favre's steakhouse, Fuzzy's (bar food). As far as tailgating goes I think you'd like the indoor area of the Stadium View. The project the games/Pre-game on a large wall and it's pay as you go for food and drinks. Have a great time and Go Pack Go!!

Gotta get that young guy a burger from Krolls, and a picture in front of Lombardi statue. I have a seat at the division or NFC game(it's nice having a best friend with season tix) have fun. Packer game is like no other.

I say leave on Saturday early morning and go sledding first. Then gotta do the Hall of Fame. Eating at Curly's Pub is good, or Coaches Corner. Have a blast. Tailgate outside with the best of them. They will be there by 8:00 am on Sunday, tailgating. Wear Packers clothes so we can see you on TV!

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Definitely visit the Packer Hall of Fame. The Packer Pro Shop is right next door. Depending on the day and time, take a guided tour of the stadium.

Before the game just wander through the parking lot during the tailgating at least a couple of hours before kickoff. Lots of people to meet and visit with, they're friendly they won't bite.

There's plenty of vendors along with Curley's Pub in the Atrium for food. Most any restaurant and bar in the stadium district has what you're looking for too.

If you get to your seats early you can watch the players warm up and just a word from experience...
at the end of the National Anthem the F18 Hornets do the flyby and it'll sound like a stick of dynamite goes off in the seat next to you.

You're fortunate. This will be a day that you and your son will remember for the rest of your days and seeing a Packer's game at Lambeau should be on everyone's Bucket List.

ranger_x

I surprised my son (9yrs old) with a Packer game this Sunday. I was fortunate to get two (2) club level tickets from a supplier of mine. So I am heading up on Saturday morning and have a hotel for two nights. We are excited as can be! Can I get some tips on a good restaurant, pizza joint....also what time should I drive to the stadium to tailgate. Can some of you give me some good ideas on what to do. I have never been to Green bay before. Maybe I should hook up the sleds and take them with. And yes we are die-hard Packer fans from Illinois! Thanks for the help.

If you like the best perch plate go here. Go early or late or you will have to wait. Been going there over a 5 years always been good. Yes it gets very busy
http://greenbay.citysearch.com/profile/11110133/green_bay_wi/redwood_inn.html

Redwood Inn

Last edited:

toolmaker

Where is your hotel located? I can give you ideas. Been living here 11 yrs. It's going to be a cold day, so bring lots of gear. Snowing pretty good right now (noon).

logansccr

Toolmaker I am staying at Ramada Plaza around Oneida and Hansen Streets. My daughter was so upset when she found out that me and my son were going that we have since decided to have the entire family go up and stay the weekend. I just added another day to my hotel reservation. So I will be up there on Sat and Sunday coming back home Monday. I told my wife and daughters they can finish x-mas shopping over at the mall while I am at the game. How is that mall?

Skidooski

Nothing else like it. Packer football game in Lambeau field. I am originally born and raised in Green Bay. I graduated from Green Bay West High School in the mid 70s. At that time we did not have a football stadium at our school. I was fortunate to play all our home games in Lambeau. What a rush! Of course they stopped that many years ago and the high school had to convert the practice field to a stadium, they installed bleachers. LOL

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Toolmaker is a big fan of the Malls. Often times passes up snowmobiling just to hang out at Bay Park Square wearing his Bears Jersey!!

How ya been Mike? Long time No Ride.

woodi

I second the burger at Krolls they usually have a band and tailgate party in there parking lot. Im staying home for this game but we will be at play off game.GO PACK

D

Deleted member 10829

I second Favre's Steakhouse, very good food and atmosphere. I had a great filet there last spring when in town calling on a customer. Other than that, I can't be of much help. Have a great time making memories with your son.

toolmaker

Hey, hey, hey! The only Bears talk around this house is negative.
What ever I'm doing, the saying is: "Beats Going To The Mall".

From the Ramada up to Lambeau along Oneida St. is all shopping. The mall isn't large, but nice. Much larger mall down ay Appleton.
There are a lot of places to eat in the area. Pizza place called Sammy's on Oneida St. (east side of street).
All the big bars around the stadium setup tents. They will be packed game day. Some of the tail-gaters are funny to check out.
The Hall of Fame is pretty cool and would be good to check out Sat. The Pro Shop is big, lots to buy.

I'll be off to Eagle River to do Xmas with the in-laws this weekend.
Gary, we'll have to go riding this winter. I have everything fixed. Things gotta go better than last year.
Merry Christmas everybody. "Go Pack Go"