Choke Cable Lever SkiDoo???

indianaskidoo

I have a skidoo w/2 carbs the choke lever broke off.. the dealer said a Arctic Cat choke lever repair kit would work... How do you get the little box apart that the choke cables hook to and the lever?

Last edited:

jimfsr

remove the large plastic nut by the lever. Pull it out the back. Pry the bottom off of the "box" where the cable goes in. the old rod and spring will come out. Thats the easy part. When you re-assemble it you have put the spring back in with the new rod and get the cables in right. Now the tricky part. You need three hands, or a friend, you pull up the rod enough to put the lever and pin on it. Problem is you cant hold it up and put it on at the same time, hense the third hand. You can pull the enrichener plungers out of the carbs, take the cable off and slack it that way, if you can get to the carbs easily.
One a side note.. if you get one of the aftermarket kits, the plastic is pretty soft, it may help to safety wire the pin so it doesn't work its way out.

indianaskidoo

I tried to pry it off seems that I would break it so I quit.... quess i need to pry hard?? or any other hints? the "rod..plunger.. eye" broke off.. the lever is still good but trying to get "box" apart to replace "rod...plunger'

dooeragain

Busted one on a polaris once & the dealer told me to give it a real sharp hard pull and it poped right apart. worked great. good luck. He showed me on a sled sitting on his floor as I questioned how to do it.