Christmas Break 2007 Grand Marais MI and Harbor Springs MI

powertoyz

These pictures are from my two trips over christmas break. The first set of pics are from Grand Marais and the second are from Harbor Springs. All in all I did some awesome riding considering this was the first christmas season I didn't have to cancel my plans since I can remember.

3 miles and the Doo was done. The plus side is we rented a New Renegade XP 600SDi for the rest of the weekend, it was absolutely amazing.
65136.jpg

Looking out from the Rainbow Lodge where we stayed.
65137.jpg

Most of the trails were awesome!
65138.jpg

Trail Stop
65139.jpg

New Chapel the owners of the Rainbow Lodge built down near the water.
65140.jpg

Second Picture
65141.jpg

Pics of the Bay in Grand Marais
65142.jpg

65147.jpg

65143.jpg

Next to the Gas Station
65144.jpg

The Rev XP does weird things to people?
65145.jpg

Hot Dog Stand north of Seney
65146.jpg

powertoyz

These pics are from my second trip which was to Harbor Springs Michigan. They were the days just prior to the big meltdown. It's really to bad it happened, the trails were as close to perfect as I have ever seen them. I can count the number of bumps I hit and people we passed on one hand, no joke.

Warming up
65149.jpg

Really old farmfiled with a collapsed barn
65150.jpg

Condemded House
65151.jpg

Fresh field ready to carve up!
65152.jpg

The Twins
65153.jpg

First stuck of the season
65154.jpg

Bill sitting in the hole I made
65155.jpg

powertoyz

The Doo had a lot of mod work done on the motor over the summer including having the head milled. A couple of the head bolts were cut off too short to accomodate the head and didn't have enough thread engagement into the cylinders and two of them pulled the threads right out of the cylinders and it blew antifreeze through the bolt holes. I was following him when it happened, it made such a huge cloud of steam I had to stop because I couldnt see anything.