Cisco chain

renten

Heading up to Boulder cottage Tuesday and just wondering if the Cisco chain is barrel marked yet. Thanks

renten

Is the open water only between the narrowing of land masses? You know what area
I'm talking about. There is that venture between two lakes where the water flow increases making it less likely to freeze.

goofy600

Is the open water only between the narrowing of land masses? You know what area
I'm talking about. There is that venture between two lakes where the water flow increases making it less likely to freeze.
Yes, only that spot. Most slush on the main trail is gone but some. They just got between 8 and 12 inches of fluff snow last night so I don't know how that will affect slush areas

Clintondf

I am not familair with this area specifically but will be up that way in 4 weeks. Is the route across the lakes a alternate/shortcut route between point a/b instead of taking the normal marked trail? I was just curious. Thanks.

crossing the Cisco Chain is an alternate for getting to the grade, trail 2......vs trail 3N thru Land o Lakes , or 1N from Presque Isle.....
it can be tricky if you're not familiar, especially after dark.....stay close to the barrels and keep your eyes open for slush.
Roger's bar at the north end, trail 13 between Watersmeet and Marinesco, is a fun place, too.

Banjo Man

crossing the Cisco Chain is an alternate for getting to the grade, trail 2......vs trail 3N thru Land o Lakes , or 1N from Presque Isle.....
it can be tricky if you're not familiar, especially after dark.....stay close to the barrels and keep your eyes open for slush.
Roger's bar at the north end, trail 13 between Watersmeet and Marinesco, is a fun place, too.

Was told last summer that Bill Rogers past away and then last Wednesday a girl at the Black Oak told me that his wife Marilyn also passed. They were some of the nicest people and a true staple of the northwoods. They will be missed.

goofy600

Was told last summer that Bill Rogers past away and then last Wednesday a girl at the Black Oak told me that his wife Marilyn also passed. They were some of the nicest people and a true staple of the northwoods. They will be missed.

You are correct Bango, tough year for the family. And I agree nicest people in the world. I remember one time we are out on a Sunday morning before Michigan would let bars open before noon me, wife and boy about 5 at the time just wanted to warm up we pull see closed sign about ready to leave and Marilyn saw us outside, let us come in said can't serve you but let us in to warm up. And when she was working that wood stove was always cranking.

harski

Is this the current middle aged couple running/owning it or possiby his parents? If so, wow, met them a couple years ago and they were great people chat with and of course the bar was neat . Didn't make it up last year but was looking forward to stopping this year.

Harski

goofy600

Is this the current middle aged couple running/owning it or possiby his parents? If so, wow, met them a couple years ago and they were great people chat with and of course the bar was neat . Didn't make it up last year but was looking forward to stopping this year.

Harski
Greg and Sue have owned it for about the last ten years it was Gregs parents. Greg and Sue are the third generation Gregs grandpa started it in 1939. Marilyn still tended bar part time up till just a few years ago and Bill would usually do a walk though just about every day if it was busy.

harski

Greg and Sue have owned it for about the last ten years it was Gregs parents. Greg and Sue are the third generation Gregs grandpa started it in 1939. Marilyn still tended bar part time up till just a few years ago and Bill would usually do a walk though just about every day if it was busy.

Thanks for clariying. It was Greg and Sue I had met in which again they were nice people and have a cool historic establishment. I'm sorry for their loss.

Harski