Cleaning products

russholio

SledBrite Aluma Kleen works great on the tunnel. If your tunnel is painted, I'm not sure if it's designed for that or not.

Seats...hmmm....whatever I have on hand, usually Simple Green.

jimfsr

For all bare aluminum parts, I use alumaclean, an industrial cleaning acid we use on semi truck fuel tanks and other alum parts, Check with a body shop supplier or truck stop, usually way cheaper than over the counter spray bottle aluminum cleaners, although they are all the same thing, diluted HCL. Spray it on to a lightly moistened surface, let it sit a minute, and rinse it off. Done.

Some will laugh at this but try it and you may be suprised. Spray your tunnel with WD40 let it set for a bit then take a piece of a old bath towel or hand towel and get it pretty wet with WD40 and buff the tunnel with it.Can even use it on the seat but just wipe seat down with a litely sprayed towel with the WD but then wipe it back of good with a dry towel but be fore warned you have to be careful it can make the seat to slick to stay on like armoral will. Pledge furniture polish is the best thing i have found to use on the rest of the sled,but i used old english furniture polish this last time and i think it worked better than the pledge.Spray it on a soft cloth buff on take dry soft cloth buff off.

lopez11j

Huh. wd40 and furniture polish. That's a new one.

I wonder if cleaning furniture with "back in black" would work, or if I can lubricate mechanical components with "aluma kleen"?

Huh. wd40 and furniture polish. That's a new one.

I wonder if cleaning furniture with "back in black" would work, or if I can lubricate mechanical components with "aluma kleen"?
It may be a new one for you but not for alot of people try it and you will be suprised.I have also found that OLD ENGLISH FRESH LEMON works better than pledge it must be just a little different in some way.

lopez11j

It may be a new one for you but not for alot of people try it and you will be suprised.I have also found that OLD ENGLISH FRESH LEMON works better than pledge it must be just a little different in some way.

I plan on it. I always have pledge laying around.

woodi

on running boards i use etching mag cleaner made by eagle one. They make alot of different products that don't work very well so make sure you get the etching mag cleaner. Make sure you use rubber gloves if r gonna get it on your skin. For the seat if it really dirty i use easy off oven cleaner don't leave this on very long use rubber gloves & make sure you rinse with water when you get the stains off.

woodi

Found out years ago when you wanted to get that brown exhaust color to disappear easy off did the job. You don't want to get it on the aluminum parts or Ur seat for very long but it will do the job. Last week I used it on a seat on a new sled and never had a problem.

Found out years ago when you wanted to get that brown exhaust color to disappear easy off did the job. You don't want to get it on the aluminum parts or Ur seat for very long but it will do the job. Last week I used it on a seat on a new sled and never had a problem.
It is your sled clean it any way you want i am shure the oven cleaner is cleaning.But here is a suggestion it will pull the oils out of the seat cover,you really need to treat your seat with something to put the oils back in or it will dry out and crack or pull apart at the seams.If you trade every year probably not a problem but that seat will be junk in time and if you use the oven cleaner very often it may be sooner than you think.

simonsr1

I also use WD-40 under the hood, before trailing on a trip, I lightly spray the motor, exhaust, and carbs, it protects the aluminum from road salt and it keeps that aluminum looking new.

Just be carefull and not spray it onto the belt or clutch contact surfaces