compression fracture.

dakota_kid

John, we read your journal every week and just love it, we appreciate everything you do for the snowmobiling community and how you share your life and experiences. When I read the last entry, on how you fractured your back, I thought I could be some help, or at least know what your going through. On Jan 19, 2014 I hit a culvert with my snowmobile. I hit the culvert with the outside portion of my ski. I flipped over the handlebars and landed on my butt/back and had a compression fracture of my L2 vert. It was painful. The doctor did not put me in a brace but told me it would heal over time. The good news is that it did. It does take time and it will feel stiff and sore. It took me about three weeks to be able to sit on a kitchen chair for longer than 10 minutes without pain. My flexibility is about 75% now and I haven't had to lift anything heavier than a laundry basket. The doctors told me do not lift anything. The vert. is compressed and there is extra space on top and bottom for the vert to move and get out of line and that would not be good. Get well soon, Todd