Conditions in the Snowies?

gwlonder

Heading to the Snowies with my sons for our first trip of the year next Thursday. Any one have an update on conditions?

Clintondf

We were in albany 5 days ago. 3-4' off trail. Fairly firm though. It was warm the last day and has been ever since i think. Lots of snow on and off trail from albany to rendezvous lodge and also up to medicine bow peak area.

gwlonder

Yeah concerned about the temps. We head out tomorrow so thanks for your comments. Any one else have an update form the last couple days?

gwlonder

We just returned yesterday and my boys and I had a great time. There is 4-5' off trail in the woods, open areas and the climbs were all pretty firm. The warm weather needs to stop and they need some fresh powder.

fireworks

...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 2 PM MST Wednesday...

* timing...periods of snow through early Wednesday afternoon. The heaviest snow will fall tonight into Wednesday morning.

* Total snow accumulations...15 to 20 inches.

* Winds/visibility...west to northwest 25 to 40 mph with gusts in excess of 60 mph at times. Near blizzard conditions likely at times.

And according to Albany Lodge FB they have already received 1' at lodge and 3' up top. The guys say it's raining in Alpine and snotels not showing much for accumulation overnight. They are thinking about heading to the Snowies today. Will update post if they go.

snowho96

Got here Wednesday night rode the last two days they have a lot of snow with the new storm but it has been warm and setting up.