Conditions near Mercer, WI 3-25 & 26

lofsfire

I ended up riding with WIViperman on Saturday and the trails were overall in very good condition! I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. Before it's mentioned yes in towns and anywhere there was pavement there was no snow. Including one road we had to ride the side of for about 5 miles and then were stuck on pavement for another 3 miles with 4' banks on each side that you could not get up on... But we made it through and had a great time!

3/24

Leaving O'Reilly Auto Parts in Minocqua
AMWts8AMWnQSm8QXNeQhXkpT96U6hbgv_Duh5qplmfCIelka9mH6OgI2LK94eQofIi-EyvhDSnQ9alxm03Lx4ez20Qr4SsYYbOa9YV9HPYJtxoRdOO6g2WQhwbqa9hDffGbaMIaLLlVzPU_a_inxKuGnW7B8Kg=w1190-h893-s-no

3/25

I rode from Beaver Lodge Over to the Northern/ Wolf Den. Then out by the Flowage to the West. Then over to Angler's in Manitowish Waters and meet up with WIViperman. We then head to Presque Isle. We picked up two more riders that I met two weeks ago in St. Germain. They texted me and we were really close to each other. So we meet up and rode back to Mercer Northern/ Wolf Den for some dinner then They headed back to St Germain. WIViperman and I shot up to Herley via the grade and then back through the woods to Trail 10 where we split off to our own hotels.

I have to say Mercer's Snogoers Club did an amazing job on the trails! I thought theirs were the best. Honestly, if it was not so warm with melted spots, their trails were like riding during prime snow season. Nice and flat!

Beaver Lodge, Trail 10 heading to Mercer (I should note there was one spot on this trail before Mercer that went down a road and had about 100' for mud and rocks at 10 AM by 4:30 that spot was 100 yards...)
AMWts8AiqKLC8Ntg3PdM6e7TnzapfhpkpGKBnTYG-7ASIyLjcLChMyO1XFKaHg6wu2frGo2U6XLbdiUaXcqmNEenydGjKewNo7dlxExza6PmGCJuvG4jGSLEjbKe9Ms0958Na66pHG9vrlZSiZWbAh4SN4lyBw=w670-h893-s-no

AMWts8DvDlZpJozFDzYqSqTTtWj9p5XPdZ3Oabfoa7-rZAUEcHkHn1hEVqNsYMJtMmNvrk2hIxnQ5iu7ibWOMMMXmrWmtmpfCtR70HKbnUkxDF5PNBvCtdIAoooFq9hGt1CM11Ek_JKRp6Jz8Na-HpKxZgt-QA=w1190-h893-s-no

Last edited:

lofsfire

Gas in Mercer
AMWts8ADSfhV8UywDxHbcErfCtPj3wj-TsLQ4F4eMo8A1SgLMY8TEQV0ZvqYwfnl7wHTxXuh2w2NTel_K30f4nOstoO1WbcTEPpk8CZNthNvfccDkBVLlUb6X4kI6u85Dzv102yOc00aWtAHoHI3LohoHNxipQ=w1190-h893-s-no

AMWts8CDCdIEjIk2a7LaPqjsGEWfOFbbqri9MxfIdv91zBDUhIaiaWLPOWDoTB45O9lieuajHyMSH6Rnx_8xkPHfe9Qd9Lqd9IH9-mLyYfuidp7Qwk4JPPOZ2nyexzIu5olzB9TWf1N7VuD3bEfbc5h2FbsDRw=w1190-h893-s-no

Trail 8 to Manitowish Waters
AMWts8A0uqsj5YpmBK5499AVB0LAVUXxalAESlpjL_aBMtSwsPD5xa7kf0NCA338ZML3AtXn-2mevEFazoWzZN47pzfGTrodTexdOcIs_wZjWIQJB8tTmn8T1QD_nRGDu47eYKTpHS5eOaxeg2Zrw40tH8pz1Q=w1190-h893-s-no

Gas in Manitowish Waters Standing at Angler's

AMWts8DMrKAE--ymUdLA0RO0O7-vKZBRgo6vRfuJqb6RP8lrRVVW56Q-ONtdeXFP6BnTtGc22ELbR4yAcUBZBueII8AhPt3AxnLE0Reom5Q1TCeBEjcC8M3G6QMVd8gCpuQHnF6qd3cVD1Vxou0Y6ByoKShKyg=w1190-h893-s-no

3/26
Leaving Beaver Lodge Trail 10 heading to Mercer
AMWts8ARtJuSYbXGQGMzDZN6LWP4firZO3VsehNzTIkuX2ESXz2qBU5n4QXeJtudIq95s4pqYQ3pgiw1FOiO5CSfs7qSRMsg2B8wn2OkjKG3wiIVbZBYVlHaveKfSd-Po5dYbXQhFuZheHgl7A3ZzUKTOxfV1Q=w1190-h893-s-no

Trail 17 North at Highway J
AMWts8DIFBSnWd6ftkZhO9hgQwVGvQhXcGx6MaoCwlRK7VO_jAo_UKE3iXNrTtUgoF-gacr1m8jYXKnBAj1Zz4E-RA2dvXm2fVkSFua3VFPC1Ltsa6ES4D_ePwv4EjQg8EnkHV9K74wcYX4GH9dzQ3YE30XCTQ=w1190-h893-s-no

Then as I was on my way home on 290 I found the end of two rainbows. But no pot of gold, just potholes!
AMWts8DhA81yEq4aPYsgy3MjRW3VWDj-K2XA9vIfTaOLnacrKf3Pb0iQDWnNEubCouU2CQ_PlDnzG31okyeRQs0Di9r7HSJOTuEnqQ7PE3v6zufu00hB5DOMmF-sbsAwN5M9PkSyE_Snkm4T3U_Y2kbZ88qDvg=w1190-h893-s-no

Last edited:
I ended up riding with WIViperman on Saturday and the trails were overall in very good condition! I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. Before it's mentioned yes in towns and anywhere there was pavement there was no snow. Including one road we had to ride the side of for about 5 miles and then were stuck on pavement for another 3 miles with 4' banks on each side that you could not get up on... But we made it through and had a great time!

3/24

Leaving O'Reilly Auto Parts in Minocqua
AMWts8AMWnQSm8QXNeQhXkpT96U6hbgv_Duh5qplmfCIelka9mH6OgI2LK94eQofIi-EyvhDSnQ9alxm03Lx4ez20Qr4SsYYbOa9YV9HPYJtxoRdOO6g2WQhwbqa9hDffGbaMIaLLlVzPU_a_inxKuGnW7B8Kg=w1190-h893-s-no

3/25

I rode from Beaver Lodge Over to the Northern/ Wolf Den. Then out by the Flowage to the West. Then over to Angler's in Manitowish Waters and meet up with WIViperman. We then head to Presque Isle. We picked up two more riders that I met two weeks ago in St. Germain. They texted me and we were really close to each other. So we meet up and rode back to Mercer Northern/ Wolf Den for some dinner then They headed back to St Germain. WIViperman and I shot up to Herley via the grade and then back through the woods to Trail 10 where we split off to our own hotels.

I have to say Mercer's Snogoers Club did an amazing job on the trails! I thought theirs were the best. Honestly, if it was not so warm with melted spots, their trails were like riding during prime snow season. Nice and flat!

Beaver Lodge, Trail 10 heading to Mercer (I should note there was one spot on this trail before Mercer that went down a road and had about 100' for mud and rocks at 10 AM by 4:30 that spot was 100 yards...)
AMWts8AiqKLC8Ntg3PdM6e7TnzapfhpkpGKBnTYG-7ASIyLjcLChMyO1XFKaHg6wu2frGo2U6XLbdiUaXcqmNEenydGjKewNo7dlxExza6PmGCJuvG4jGSLEjbKe9Ms0958Na66pHG9vrlZSiZWbAh4SN4lyBw=w670-h893-s-no

AMWts8DvDlZpJozFDzYqSqTTtWj9p5XPdZ3Oabfoa7-rZAUEcHkHn1hEVqNsYMJtMmNvrk2hIxnQ5iu7ibWOMMMXmrWmtmpfCtR70HKbnUkxDF5PNBvCtdIAoooFq9hGt1CM11Ek_JKRp6Jz8Na-HpKxZgt-QA=w1190-h893-s-no
lotsfire we headed to Mercer Sat after work stayed at Great Northern at one point counted 20 trucks with trailers on Sat in the parking lot got up early Sunday on the trail by 6AM, We watched the groomer go by Sat, night, Mercer trails were great, ran into only two other sleds and they were towing fishing gear and headed towards the flowage, Seen a few others parked at a couple of establishments but that was it. . Tons of deer and red squirrels in and around the trails. Trails weren't perfect and roads and parking lots bare but for a last ride toward the end of March, glad we made the trip up for the day. Parking lot was pretty much emptied by the time we got back on Sunday to load up and head home, it was a good way to end the season.

lofsfire

Yes, the deer were everywhere! I came around a corner and one standing in the middle of the trail started running at me. About 200' before it got to me, it jumped in the woods. On the 11th I had a wolf that I crossed paths with by Sayner. Samething, I think I scared him out of the woods as I had an slight S curve and when I came around the last part he was in the middle of the trail. He quickly move off the trail but as I went by I realized he did not go very far and he just watched us go by. The guy I was riding with never even noticed it. That was a first for me!

What time were you at the Great Northern? I was there Saturday 10-11AM and 6 to 7:30PM then Sunday from 10:30 to 11:30AM

Yes, the deer were everywhere! I came around a corner and one standing in the middle of the trail started running at me. About 200' before it got to me, it jumped in the woods. On the 11th I had a wolf that I crossed paths with by Sayner. Samething, I think I scared him out of the woods as I had an slight S curve and when I came around the last part he was in the middle of the trail. He quickly move off the trail but as I went by I realized he did not go very far and he just watched us go by. The guy I was riding with never even noticed it. That was a first for me!

What time were you at the Great Northern? I was there Saturday 10-11AM and 6 to 7:30PM then Sunday from 10:30 to 11:30AM
I think we got there around 5:15 we would have gotten there sooner but had to work till 2 and then when we got to the two lane on 51 they had the road closed by the gangster park due to an accident, so they detoured us up to D so by the time we got checked in and unloaded I would estimate we hit the den about 6 for dinner probably out of there around 7:30, got up early and hit the trail, early checked out before hitting the trails and then just loaded up and headed home early afternoon. Only time I ever saw a wolf was behind what used to be called Vinchis Hillside up by sayner and star lake too, it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up, that trail is very winding and every time we came around another curve there, he would be standing looking at us, was wondering if his buddies were around anywhere. They look bigger in person. We probably were in the Den at the same time or awfully close.

lofsfire

I think we got there around 5:15 we would have gotten there sooner but had to work till 2 and then when we got to the two lane on 51 they had the road closed by the gangster park due to an accident, so they detoured us up to D so by the time we got checked in and unloaded I would estimate we hit the den about 6 for dinner probably out of there around 7:30, got up early and hit the trail, early checked out before hitting the trails and then just loaded up and headed home early afternoon. Only time I ever saw a wolf was behind what used to be called Vinchis Hillside up by sayner and star lake too, it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up, that trail is very winding and every time we came around another curve there, he would be standing looking at us, was wondering if his buddies were around anywhere. They look bigger in person. We probably were in the Den at the same time or awfully close.
Yes, they are definitely big in person!
And yes, we probably were there at the same time always funny how small the world it is... The bar was packed at that time too! We had one of the big tables close to the windows in the corner farthest from the back door and when we were leaving people are waiting for us to get moving. LOL

WIViperman and I talked for some time on how people cross paths and have very similar lives and you don't even realize it.

Oh and saw this on my way up. Apparently, this guy had job that required a RBFH.
AMWts8CeVKiE12OJKeKLcT1XNnO5n1pCkGZ2BHF_YDZY4DlU8JrB6Ac-hepi7SFDxe4YdbhfqjlqcMwGKqWjmEwYrb0a9CmqK90rmy0yB_27yjtfqUNLkmwWGl4wyMKD6Frff5OiPWNn_dFoLGBMmxVcHPXgZg=w1190-h893-s-no
Wow a guy could throw their back out with that one! To Funny, A very long time ago our first saddle bag trip don't recall exactly where but kept seeing a sign that said bfr ahead after a mile or so we came to a really big rock that had bfr spray painted on it. someone had a good sense of humor. still makes me smile to think of it.