Conover- Burnt Bridge area?

Vilas cty trails are supposed to open today. There is not enough snow! Conover got an inch of snow from the "big storm" Monday. I heard a dealer tell someone yesterday that the trails were opening today and they were all excited.....REALLY?! There needs to be at least 6 - 8 more inches.

i ride trail 8EW thru there alot.......it's pretty beat....we need at least 3-6" of snow, but not much in forecast for the next 10 days...
.....wish it was better news....

legend02

Seen people riding yesterday on the way home from michigan in lando, conover and eagle river.

My buddy who's at his cabin in Conover isn't riding as the trails were barely covering the trails.

blkhwkbob

Speaking of the Burnt Bridge, it's great to hear that the crabby old lady and her husband have sold the joint. Hopefully the new owner is a lot more welcoming to sledders.

timo

i grew up going to that bar in the 80's. always totally cool watching the wildlife thru the window.
They still have that nickel machine on the left wall? me and my bro must of dumped 100 nickels in that thing thru the years.

htitpsy

Glad i didnt waste the time driving up this week..instead went to Oconto county and got 60 surprisingly good miles on today. I stoped in to Burnt Bridge this fall only because i saw the new owner sign and yes it seems like they will allow fun now!

nhra1000

Boulder Junction chamber telling people to "come on up" "snowmobilers pouring in Boulder" those are exact quotes..... Total BS to lie to people.....

wirev

There must have been 50 sleds parked at the Sayner Pub on Wednesday. Lots of families as many sleds were 2-ups with kids. Minimal snow but folks looked to be having a good time. Not all trails in Vilas County are open and those that are have little snow. North and west is better.

polarbear

Ok, on opening day in the morning I rode just about the whole Conover area and put on 60 miles. Some were ok some not so good and some were better than expected. Don't get me wrong, they all need more snow. But they were rideable. I did not encounter any mud but some rocks here and there along with some ruts and lots of thin spots. Today rode from Conover to lando and about half way to watersmeet. Turned around because of the stones on the grade. It's passable but didn't feel like dealing with it. Stopped for lunch in lando and headed back to Conover. Did about 50 miles today. Not perfect riding but better than wishing for great conditions and looking at the sleds in the garage.