Cook, Mn conditions anyone

fastercat

Heading to cook and staying at white eagle resort on vermilion, anyone have any reports for the area, we are leaving Friday am

sounder

It was excellent south and east of there this weekend. Thanks to the groomer. Excellent riding. We were in Virginia and went to tower and around the area. 180 miles of great trails! I'm Going back this weekend.

bpplatt

not to hijack a thread but any more info on conditions of this area would be appreciated. We are going to stay in Virginia next weekend.
Thanks

oldguy

I drove a car to Virginia on Monday and the trails I could see have been groomed. The snow in that direction is less then 20 miles north. With the cold temps the trails have been holding up pretty good. I am sure you will have not have much issues riding out of Virginia, especially if you ride north.

bpplatt

I drove a car to Virginia on Monday and the trails I could see have been groomed. The snow in that direction is less then 20 miles north. With the cold temps the trails have been holding up pretty good. I am sure you will have not have much issues riding out of Virginia, especially if you ride north.

great, thanks for the update

snowchief

we stayed in crane lake over presidents weekend we got pretty close to cook we rode the taconite from Soudan over to the arrowhead and up to I falls the taconite was great where we rode it and the arrowhead was awesome as old guy said when we drove home on Monday looked like trails were freshly groomed down to cotton

fastercat

Is the lake staked out and signed well, we want to go from cook the vermillion club when we get there, I have not ridden there before, I have a bunch of old friends that will be at the vc and I want the best way to get there by lake or trail.

mngolf4

Vermillion is always staked well. If you get on the Cook end, just orient yourself to the colored staked trails and head for Daisy Bay. Otherwise you can take the Arrowhead down to Trail #204.